Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Black women without black friends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dazed& View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote dazed& Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I am unique, but to me it's not about a ratchet/nonratchet dichotomy. I think "ratchet" interests/behavior/pursuits are just as valid as "nonratchet" ones.

I would love to find another 27 year old black woman with no kids, no man (and no interest in getting one), who is non-theist, a plain/modest dresser, not super social, and is interested in reading, watching movies/tv, eating good food, and just generally enjoys quiet, simple things in life.

So far it's impossible.

TRUTH. i'm in my early 20's but it's hard to find at my age too, especially being in Atlanta...full of girls doing the absolute most. During my entire college life I only met one girl who fit this (but she's religious, so not completely). I made her my best friend. Wish I could ind that nontheist black girl though, then I'd be set. I've kinda lost hope with that though. I have to have all of my discussions about religion with non-blacks, because I don;t know any black non-Christians. 
Sponsored Links

Omgitsdannie101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omgitsdannie101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:39pm
In high school and middle school I had the same group of friends of years that included one half black half puerto rican girl who hated her black side Confused . In my defense my neighborhood is pretty white. Most of the friends I've made in college though are black.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:46pm
But at the same time, maybe ppl are looking for an identical twin in friendships.
I used to be like this when I was younger. Then i had a thought, maybe it was ok if my friends had other interests separate fom mine. They could teach me a new perspective and vice versa. Or not..and that's ok with me.

I'm not suggesting go befriend welfare queens..i'm not really addressing any poster just having thoughts that are kind of related.

Edited by Derri - Jan 07 2014 at 3:47pm
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

but you didn't say your sister doesn't have black friends
she does
she doesn't have black friends in her current city
that's different

You're right. That's exactly what I said. Location and common interests directly affect who you befriend. You can't befriend people you don't meet and why force friendships with people that you can't relate to?

That's all I was trying to say.

I don't know any Black people that purposely not have Black friends. I don't think it's a conscious choice. They just clicked with who they clicked with.

It's likely some people who purposely avoid friendships with their own race. I just don't know any.

those are the people i think this thread is discussing
circumstances and happenstance can make it hard to have friends who are black

but i know im talking about people who purposely do not associate w/negroes

but the OP lives in the Caribbean--idk how a black person could avoid black people there

I am definitely referring to those people. There are people in major cities who say stuff like this. Like you can't find any Black people who you gel with in NY, Chicago, DC, etc. Like really? Side eye instantly activated.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by dazed& dazed& wrote:

I am unique, but to me it's not about a ratchet/nonratchet dichotomy. I think "ratchet" interests/behavior/pursuits are just as valid as "nonratchet" ones.

I would love to find another 27 year old black woman with no kids, no man (and no interest in getting one), who is non-theist, a plain/modest dresser, not super social, and is interested in reading, watching movies/tv, eating good food, and just generally enjoys quiet, simple things in life.

So far it's impossible.

TRUTH. i'm in my early 20's but it's hard to find at my age too, especially being in Atlanta...full of girls doing the absolute most. During my entire college life I only met one girl who fit this (but she's religious, so not completely). I made her my best friend. Wish I could ind that nontheist black girl though, then I'd be set. I've kinda lost hope with that though. I have to have all of my discussions about religion with non-blacks, because I don;t know any black non-Christians. 

I can totally identify. Honestly my closest black female friend was at church...and church was just a built in social circle. But once I decided to leave...it just couldn't work anymore. Aside from not being able to discuss religion, morality, and values. Jesus just permeates throughout her whole life and it just made things difficult...when she dropped a class she desperately needed to graduate because it conflicted with choir practice schedule and she refused to "put anything before god"...I just couldn't handle the difference in our life philosophies anymore.

Oh well. It's easier now just to stay to myself. And if I find that magical unicorn friend I swear I'm gonna treat her right and love her forever and ever lol.
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 4:09pm
http://www.lipstickalley.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94

maysay & dazed, there are more like you.  u need to just reach out
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 4:10pm
I've only see this happen with mixed girls n girls who live and grew up in areas that don't have much black people...
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

And if you live in a place where there is an abundance of Black women who don't have concerns about the newest Baby Phat dress, when their baby daddies are getting released or them actually getting a job affecting their food stamps that they sell, consider yourself lucky. I live in San Antonio, TX. It's not a lot of us here and the majority of the natives are on some different ish.

If I were still in Chicago, things would be different.

you're doing too much to prove you're not the problem which is only making you look like you're the problem
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 4:30pm
I ask this because there is this black girl at and I swear she is a house nigress. She tries to be well spoken and classy but I find her trying to hard to be subservient to white people and never trying to relate to blacks. Her best friend is an Asian girl who seems to make insulting comments about blacks. What irks me the most about get is that she tries so hard to come across as a 'not one of them' type of black women and tries to hide her identity and has a ghetto mentality. She works against other blacks especially the ones who are well spoken and go against the stereotype. I lost all respect for her when she talked loudly about 'loving Billy joel's music' and wanting to go to his concert She's 29 born and raised in The hood. Gtfohwtbs.

Edited by sbrownie84 - Jan 07 2014 at 4:53pm
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 4:33pm

So far it's impossible.

why does she have to not have a man or want one? or why does her wardrobe matter?

some of the best ppl are polar opposites..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 16>
  Share Topic