BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black women without black friends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:14pm
I generally find Black people who don't interact with other Black people to be strange. That would include women of course. 

A lot of the time they're on that unicorn ish with statements such as "I'm the only Black person who ______ (fill in the blank). I look at the them the same way that I look at women who don't have female friends. Its like do you really think that you are that damn unique? You're the only non-rachet, really?
Sponsored Links

Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

Cream, yall best bet is to move to one of them cities in pty's thread where the good blk ppl are

Economically, SA is great. Socially, it sucks.
We are considering moving to the Houston or Dallas area. I just bought a house 5 yrs ago and need to at least break even.

It may sound ridiculous, but it's like moving to New Hampshire and being expected to have a passel of Black friends.

Unless you've lived in San Antonio,(not being from), you really can't begin to understand.

I have yet to meet a Black person that is not from here that didn't say San Antonio is "different" and that they have a hard time meeting like minded folks.

But the economy is good.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:21pm
but you didn't say your sister doesn't have black friends
she does
she doesn't have black friends in her current city
that's different
juicifruit89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I think it's just hard to make friends period, no matter the color.

I am just not interested in 90% of the things most  late 20's black women are interested in.

I don't know why that's so difficult to grasp.
My cousin loved acid rock as a teen. Painted his nails Black and work all Black.

Of course, there are other Black folks that love acid Rock. What was his chances of meeting them, and of the ones that he met, making a connection that could lead to friendship?

Law of Averages, he was going to have far more White friends than Black ones. Guess for some folks, he wasn't supposed to hang around folks he shared common interests with, but seek and befriend ones that he didn't.

Yep, it's more important to make friends based on who are similar interests--or there WILL be tension eventually. Been there, done that.
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:22pm
they weird and are more annoying than white women
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:22pm
I am unique, but to me it's not about a ratchet/nonratchet dichotomy. I think "ratchet" interests/behavior/pursuits are just as valid as "nonratchet" ones.

I would love to find another 27 year old black woman with no kids, no man (and no interest in getting one), who is non-theist, a plain/modest dresser, not super social, and is interested in reading, watching movies/tv, eating good food, and just generally enjoys quiet, simple things in life.

So far it's impossible.
juicifruit89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

I generally find Black people who don't interact with other Black people to be strange. That would include women of course. 

A lot of the time they're on that unicorn ish with statements such as "I'm the only Black person who ______ (fill in the blank). I look at the them the same way that I look at women who don't have female friends. Its like do you really think that you are that damn unique? You're the only non-rachet, really?

I agree with this too. Especially in the workplace, I miss interacting with other Black people who are similar to me.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

she does
that's different

You're right. That's exactly what I said. Location and common interests directly affect who you befriend. You can't befriend people you don't meet and why force friendships with people that you can't relate to?

That's all I was trying to say.

I don't know any Black people that purposely not have Black friends. I don't think it's a conscious choice. They just clicked with who they clicked with.

It's likely some people who purposely avoid friendships with their own race. I just don't know any.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

she does
that's different

You're right. That's exactly what I said. Location and common interests directly affect who you befriend. You can't befriend people you don't meet and why force friendships with people that you can't relate to?

That's all I was trying to say.

I don't know any Black people that purposely not have Black friends. I don't think it's a conscious choice. They just clicked with who they clicked with.

It's likely some people who purposely avoid friendships with their own race. I just don't know any.

those are the people i think this thread is discussing
circumstances and happenstance can make it hard to have friends who are black

but i know im talking about people who purposely do not associate w/negroes

but the OP lives in the Caribbean--idk how a black person could avoid black people there
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:33pm
I understand living in a place where you don't relate to the ppl around you, even the ones who look like you.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 16>
  Share Topic