Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Black women without black friends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

And if you live in a place where there is an abundance of Black women who don't have concerns about the newest Baby Phat dress, when their baby daddies are getting released or them actually getting a job affecting their food stamps that they sell, consider yourself lucky. I live n San Antonio, TX. It's not a lot of us here and the majority of the natives are on some different ish.

If I were still in Chicago, things would be different.
I've never met (rather gotten to know) a black women who has any of these problems or concerns. The black women I know are worried about grad school applications, finals, and internships...
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 2:46pm
i had a lot of white friends growing up
but that's bc my lil immigrant parents worked hard to buy in the best school district in the state and i used to feel....uncomfortable around black people at school tbh...my black friends were from church..i just felt like i wasn't black enough i guess
it wasn't until i got to college i was like omg...there are loads of black people just like me

but I can agree about cities.  my friend is in St.Louise right now struuuuuuuuuuuuugling.

Edited by EPITOME - Jan 07 2014 at 3:11pm
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 2:57pm
Meh..*shrugs*
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

how is not having any female friends that different to not having any black female friends

discuss!

Exactly!

If you have a problem connecting with an ENTIRE group of people, the problem is not them...it's you.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:01pm
I think it's just hard to make friends period, no matter the color.

I am just not interested in 90% of the things most  late 20's black women are interested in.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

And if you live in a place where there is an abundance of Black women who don't have concerns about the newest Baby Phat dress, when their baby daddies are getting released or them actually getting a job affecting their food stamps that they sell, consider yourself lucky. I live n San Antonio, TX. It's not a lot of us here and the majority of the natives are on some different ish.

I've never met (rather gotten to know) a black women who has any of these problems or concerns. The black women I know are worried about grad school applications, finals, and internships...

Lucky you.
Do you live in San Antonio?
If so, my sister, who has ALWAYS had plenty Black friends until she moved here, hasn't had much luck meeting unmarried women in her age group. She's an AKA that did her undergrad at an HBCU. All of her friends and line sisters live in other cities/states. She's been here 5 years and meets very few young ladies, like herself.

She's always had plenty of friends, she is very sociable and makes friends easily. Maybe you can give her some pointers because she hasn't had much luck in this lovely city.

In a city that's 6.9% Black, with the vast majority living on the opposite side of town, it's hard to meet and get to know people that you share common interests with. And realistically, you're not going to befriend each and every person you meet. She's in a Grad Chapter and has participated in a few events.

So if a person has never had an issue meeting like minded people until they move to a city that doesn't have a lot of like minded people, and you're not going to meet each and every one that is like minded, isn't it fair to surmise that you may have issues that you've never had before meeting like minded people?
Senior Detective View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:12pm
Cream, yall best bet is to move to one of them cities in pty's thread where the good blk ppl are
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I think it's just hard to make friends period, no matter the color.

I am just not interested in 90% of the things most  late 20's black women are interested in.

I don't know why that's so difficult to grasp.
My cousin loved acid rock as a teen. Painted his nails Black and work all Black.

Of course, there are other Black folks that love acid Rock. What was his chances of meeting them, and of the ones that he met, making a connection that could lead to friendship?

Law of Averages, he was going to have far more White friends than Black ones. Guess for some folks, he wasn't supposed to hang around folks he shared common interests with, but seek and befriend ones that he didn't.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:12pm
OP with her usual hit n run bait thread..lol
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:12pm

Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

So if a person has never had an issue meeting like minded people until they move to a city that doesn't have a lot of like minded people, and you're not going to meet each and every one that is like minded, isn't it fair to surmise that you may have issues that you've never had before meeting like minded people?

Shocked tongue twister....LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>