Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2011 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by ViviMx95 ViviMx95 wrote:

I know this might be ignorant, but I think the stereotyped 3c is only found in mixed girls.....don't attack.

My dad's hair is 3c and after tracing his family back on all sides 4+ generations back, their is virtually no non-black ancestry.  Many black people have varied textures but they don't care enough to find out what it is, what it does, or what really works for it so they lump it all in one category and usually not in a good way.

Edited by mangachan - Jul 22 2011 at 3:04pm
Sponsored Links

juniordetective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2011 at 10:27am
Originally posted by kurlykiss kurlykiss wrote:

its not about the curl pattern really i think its more about texture. like someone can have 3b hair and it be very coarse and another person can have 3b hair and it be very silky. most aa women have more coarse hair but it can be curly, not just kinky

Actually most AA have fine hair. Type 4 hair tends to me the finest. But the pattern is tight. And most of us do have 3c and 4a hair.
corenybay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2011 at 10:33am
I knew this Ethiopian girl. She had like 3c hair. But I think your hair changes textures the longer it gets.
kurlykiss View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2011 at 10:54am
Originally posted by juniordetective juniordetective wrote:

its not about the curl pattern really i think its more about texture. like someone can have 3b hair and it be very coarse and another person can have 3b hair and it be very silky. most aa women have more coarse hair but it can be curly, not just kinky

Actually most AA have fine hair. Type 4 hair tends to me the finest. But the pattern is tight. And most of us do have 3c and 4a hair.

by fine do you mean like thin? i never said anything about that im talking about texture. my words were silky and coarse so does fine also count as silky?
juniordetective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2011 at 8:25am

by fine do you mean like thin? i never said anything about that im talking about texture. my words were silky and coarse so does fine also count as silky?

No. By fine I mean thin strands. Texture is different from pattern. Texture is the feel of the strands (spongy, wiry, silky, etc) you can have coarse silky hair. Asians tend to have it. The strands are thick but straight, giving them the silky effect. I'm saying most AA have fine strands, and yes a lot of them are silky, but since the pattern is so tight, you're not feeling the actual strand, you are feeling the strand's curl pattern. Density also plays a part on how the hair looks as a whole. For example, if you have a tight curl pattern, a lot of strands per square inch, and fine strands, it can come off as being coarse when in fact it's not. Just like a lot of people assume naturally straight hair is fine when in fact it can be any of the three strand thicknesses.

Edited by juniordetective - Jul 24 2011 at 8:26am
kurlykiss View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2011 at 10:36am

No. By fine I mean thin strands. Texture is different from pattern. Texture is the feel of the strands (spongy, wiry, silky, etc) you can have coarse silky hair. Asians tend to have it. The strands are thick but straight, giving them the silky effect. I'm saying most AA have fine strands, and yes a lot of them are silky, but since the pattern is so tight, you're not feeling the actual strand, you are feeling the strand's curl pattern. Density also plays a part on how the hair looks as a whole. For example, if you have a tight curl pattern, a lot of strands per square inch, and fine strands, it can come off as being coarse when in fact it's not. Just like a lot of people assume naturally straight hair is fine when in fact it can be any of the three strand thicknesses.

you know what? that actually makes sense because i see a lot of black girls with coarse looking hair in their pony tails but on the tops of their head its all smoothed down. and ill ask how come you dont just smooth it all like that? okay so fine = thin strands which are the opposite of thick strands. i understand wiry hair, it usually just looks unhealthy IMO. but what the heck is spongy hair? all i think of when i think of sponges is that they soak everything up, does the same thing apply with hair? if so how can that be a type of texture?
DeliciouslyWeird View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2011 at 11:38am
Originally posted by DeliciouslyWeird DeliciouslyWeird wrote:

Just because you're straight from Africa means you aren't mixed? Can someone explain the logic?
I honestly don't remember if I was talking to you or not. I feel like I would've quoted but idk. Generally speaking though this seems to be the consensus at least irl. It's sad.
Livvydivvy96 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2011 at 5:06pm
Yes. My dad is nigerian and my mom is black. We haven't traced any non black people in her family.
I'm 3c with a little 3b and 4a
toohot1000 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2011 at 9:50am

'Because Africa is so close to Spain, France, Italy and is part of the UK..'

Actually Khivey this is not the case. The UK as in the United Kingdom consists only of Wales, England, Northern Ireland & Scotland. The UK is part of the continent Europe as is France, Italy & Spain. But Africa is no way shape or form is a part of the UK or Europe, it is a separate continent.

Signed Linda

Welsh  & proud of it.

Cleopatra Jones View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2011 at 2:20am
how many times is this gonna be discussed?
there are NO FULLY BLACK WOMEN, 4b is a Black texture, period
now the case is, you don't have to have MUCH of admixture to get it, the same with light skin, you can be 90% afro and get that texture, but at least don't be delusional as to where it came from
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic