Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Black Women Who Were Lynched in America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:25pm
and we should just get over it. " It happend a long time ago!" " you weren't a slave were you?" SMH at white ppl justifying this
Sponsored Links

Lhdc2011 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Lhdc2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:29pm
horrific. I know where true evil and emptiness lies. Disgusting.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by keelolo1 keelolo1 wrote:

I couldn't read it all. I work with too many white folks and I need my job. I'm liable to go into work tomorrow the angry sista.

i'm at work now feeling some type of way.  I couldn't even finish reading the op.  my eyes started to sting.
blackarosoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackarosoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 1:28am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I couldn't continue to read after the 6th one. I can't....Cry

me too this is too much
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 1:37am
and these same people were Christians...

Edited by afrikan gal - Feb 11 2013 at 1:38am
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 1:49am
wow.  Purpe can you put blackography somewhere so that it can pop up in searches? though idk if i ever want to read this again tbh
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 5:40am
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Every time I read about this lynching I just can't believe the evil in the hearts of those that committed this act. I mean I know it happened, but it just makes no sense to me.

Mary Turner 1918 Eight Months Pregnant
Mobs lynched Mary Turner on May 17, 1918 in Lowndes County. Georgia because she vowed to have those responsible for killing her husband arrested. Her husband was arrested in connection with the shooting and killing Hampton Smith, a white farmer for whom the couple had worked, and wounding his wife. Sidney Johnson. a Black, apparently killed Smith because he was tired of the farmer’s abuse. Unable to find Johnson. the killers lynched eight other Blacks Including Hayes Turner and his wife Mary. The mob hanged Mary by her feet, poured gasoline and oil on her and set fire to her body. One white man sliced her open and Mrs. Turner’s baby tumbled to the ground with a “little cry” and the mob stomped the baby to death and sprayed bullets into Mary Turner. (NAACP: Thirty Years of Lynching in the U.S. 1889-1918  )

WTH??????? 
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 6:44am
I found very hard to carry on reading...it makes my heart hurtCry
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 7:07am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

I found very hard to carry on reading...it makes my heart hurtCry
yeah i read up to the pregnancy one and stopped.

i have to come back later
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 7:15am
Jesus
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic