BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Black women who date interracially...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 3:59pm
I dated a white guy in HS. He only liked women of color. He played guitar, rock music and drove a white boy pick up truck lol. He was so nice. I messed it up when I went to college though.

I also dated a Mexican man. Messed that up too smh.

My family was cool with it. As were my best friends. I don't know if I got side eyes from strangers because I never pay people mind when I'm out and about.
Sponsored Links

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 4:28pm
I silently judged Black men and women who date out of their race. However its a silent judgement becaude I have to admit Im often proven wrong about whatever I assumed about the person. So I'm starting to re-evaluate, I personally wouldn't date a white guy (other races are up in the air), But I try hard not to judge others who do. I don't know them or their relationship.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 4:42pm
I've never dated outside my race but the only thing that bothers me is when my friends who do it act like we can't talk about white folks no more.  Like I gotta be careful what/how I comment on something.  That's the stuff I don't like.  I'm not rude, I'm not talking about white folks in front of your clear S.O. but when it's just us out for drinks and something comes out, don't always come with that defensive BS.  
JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote JulieGianni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

I've never dated outside my race but the only thing that bothers me is when my friends who do it act like we can't talk about white folks no more.  Like I gotta be careful what/how I comment on something.  That's the stuff I don't like.  I'm not rude, I'm not talking about white folks in front of your clear S.O. but when it's just us out for drinks and something comes out, don't always come with that defensive BS.  

HA! That's funny. I've been with my husband for almost 10 years and have two kids. I still talk sh*t about white people ALL THE TIME. My excuse being, he's from a different country. I had to stop though because one time I said something about how our oldest better not come home with some trashy ass white woman. My husband was not pleased and asked that I just stop with it. Now I just make sure he's not in hearing distance.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 5:05pm
Ladies who say hell to the nope, do you feel like when women do it they have given up on black men?
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by JulieGianni JulieGianni wrote:

I married interracially.  My experience of other peoples' reactions has been less "black men ain't sh*t" and more of "you know you're still black."

The assumption being that I will benefit from his white male privilege and some how forget what it's like to be "black". Wacko

Why get a white man in order to ilicit this reaction when you can simply do something such as read a book.  Yeah my classmates growing up were not savory charactersErmm
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Im_oh_so_hott Im_oh_so_hott wrote:

I was married to a Dominican (not a different race), but i still got flak from "regular Black" people.

Some friends of mine have married/dated non-AA blacks and get this.  I guess the assumption is that all non-AA black men want 5 wives or somethingWacko
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Ladies who say hell to the nope, do you feel like when women do it they have given up on black men?

in a majority of the cases ive come across, yes.

mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Like always say in these IR threads - leave the flippin country. It's the only real way to be .. free. The WORLD is your oyster and you are worried about what these backward folks think of your love life!

The wholllllle rest of the world (at least 95% of it and I have visited 48 countries so far) does not give a rat's a** who you choose to be with. It's the AA community that will mainly mess you over if you do something 'out of order'. You gotta 'conform'.

My ONLY regret about moving to Europe ... is that I didn't do it 20 years ago.

Either leave ... or you will have to stomach these AA folks trailing behind you trying to tell you who you can or cannot be with .. for the rest of your life. I am not kidding.

There's no end to it. So grow a thick skin.

Daaaaag Print, chill.  I have stopped giving craps about altering my life for the benefit of others so there's no anger hereLOL
I just thought it would be cool to get other perspectives on this. Smile
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

in a majority of the cases ive come across, yes.

I wanna say half have.....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style