Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Black women who date interracially...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:16pm
Unless he is a coon Dominican then he is cool.
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

This isn't a "black men ain't sh!t" thread and if you you have an issue with IRR click the red X you troll.

To people who have or are dating interracially, have you had the feeling that people have automatically assume that you have sworn off black men?  My bf isn't black and I just really get the feeling that people assume I don't like and wouldn't ever date black men.  He's the first person I've dated so it's not even like I can just say "it's okay, I've dated black men before cool your jets!"  Now this isn't something that is ever explicitly said out loud but in reading between the lines, it's just this weird feeling whenever the topic comes up.

Oddly enough, this assumption is coming from black women in my life.  The black men in my life don't say much about it and one of them is glad I'm dating a white guy (he's a misanthropic recluse though so idk if he counts).  When discussing this issue I have gotten several responses of the following nature:

1) It's a fellow black woman who does have the "black men ain't sh!t" outlook, roast black men and complain about how none actually approach me or said black woman anyway.

2) They state they aren't surprised I'm dating someone not black.  The implication can only mean "black men ain't sh!t" or I'm some type of black people hating uncle Tom.  Both assumptions are stupid.

3) "Why can't you find somebody black?!"  This is a response garnered from female family members who's only prior contribution to my romantic interactions include the warnings not to have sex or end up with a crackhead.  Thoughts?

Like always say in these IR threads - leave the flippin country. It's the only real way to be .. free. The WORLD is your oyster and you are worried about what these backward folks think of your love life!

The wholllllle rest of the world (at least 95% of it and I have visited 48 countries so far) does not give a rat's a** who you choose to be with. It's the AA community that will mainly mess you over if you do something 'out of order'. You gotta 'conform'.

My ONLY regret about moving to Europe ... is that I didn't do it 20 years ago.

Either leave ... or you will have to stomach these AA folks trailing behind you trying to tell you who you can or cannot be with .. for the rest of your life. I am not kidding.

There's no end to it. So grow a thick skin.

Edited by Printer_Ink - May 27 2014 at 2:26pm
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:22pm
I get that too SL and my husband is black and caribbean 
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:23pm
Ive found that 99.9% of ppl do not care at least not enough to say anything to my face.

I've seen ppl feel the need to defend it by stating how they have a long history of dating within. They usually project their own insecurities/ discomfort about the relationship on to others. Dunno if this applies to OP but ya...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:27pm
thats a bit harsh becky

Black to black relationships, is one of the only areas left where AAs have unity, that whites didn't intentionally erode with institutional racism so AAs have a right to be sensitive about it

It isn't out of ignorance it is out of awareness 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:29pm
thats true GKisses... it's a matter of perspective

The majority in her life probably don't comment 
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:35pm
Don't listen to printer and live in coonland
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:37pm
Does it matter?

That seems like a lot of energy to spend people who aren't paying your bills
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:38pm
Ive only had 1 negative incident in person from AA men . I've gotten few sh*tty message online but otherwise nah. As I've said before ww have been the most salty. Maybe its a regional thing
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 2:44pm
Another assumption is that you only date white men (or white women).

My brother brought home some white chick and we thought he'd crossed over forever. He married a black woman who we can't stand smh
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic