BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

BLACK WOMEN WAKE THE F UP!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 18 Votes, Average 2.39  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by oneluv oneluv wrote:

This thread was to identify a problem, have an intellectual discussion, and hopefully discuss ways we call all change the destructive path black people are on.

good luck on that when you only ask women to wake up and allow the men to stay sleep.

Hmmm I see both sides.

Yes black sons need to be raised better with an expectation of higher standards and a family oriented mindset. But black girls need to be raised not to foolishly lay down with anything that "hollas" at them - or at the very least, bring condoms to the table.

i do agree that black girls have to be raised differently from boys . unfortunately, at the end of the day WE are the ones who have to birth the baby, not men. so at the end of the day, we do have to take extra precautions and girls/women in general always have to go the extra mile.  just the way of life. 
Sponsored Links

babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 7:25pm
IA Spoken
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

But being serious...I don't know  how these chicks are doing it out here in NY. My fiance and I are both 30 with no kids. NY is WAYYYY too expensive to rely solely on government assistance.

I'm not even going to speculate on how they're "supplementiing" their "income".

When your rent is $200 a month, you have plenty of time to figure out other ways to make money.

Word...nothing pissed me off more than when I would go to pay rent for this place my SO and I used to live. We were paying 1100 for a 2 bedroom and the people next door were literally paying not even $500 for the same thing. Angry Meanwhile, the woman has 2 able bodied grown sons living with her who NEVER went to work and 2 daughters - 1 of them with a child as well.

It really is generational if no one puts a stop to it.
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 8:32pm
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2013 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

idu why shame doesn't work anymore
It only  works when the behavior isn't acceptable.

This reminds me of that clip of the lady talking about how bad behavior and choices in america are often rewarded but she wouldnt be doing it in her house....I think one of her daughters got prego...

Dunno know her name but shes loud and always driving in the videos posted here

U talmbout Himay10nence!?  whaa.....Tiamat got pregnant!?  Ain't she like 8....or something?

Edited by newdiva1 - Mar 06 2013 at 11:32pm
mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 3:12am
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Scream this message if you have to because black women just don't seem to get it. Each side must take their own personal responsibility. And black women making the choice to have unprotected sex with a man is personal responsibility. Women you control things, so you decide when you want to have sex, do not let the fear of him going somewhere else, lead you to having sex. Do not have sex to get or keep a man. If he does not want to be kept, he will leave anyway. And it is apparent based on the relationships within the black community that black men are not trying to stay with just one women or with a black woman at all.

If you are the one, he will ask you for your hand in marriage, and it does not take a long time for a man to figure out if you are the one for him or not. Actually I think it takes women a little longer to decide. Oh and a man will stay in a okay relationship with a woman who is not the one for many years, so do not let that fool you. If what the OP said is making people feel bad, then how bad will you feel once you have a baby for a man who now calls you a b?....... Hopefully what the OP typed will help at least 3 black women not have unprotected sex. Black women are suppose to have the highest self esteem and yes we talk a good game. But when you look at the actions of black women you see something different. And it is not high self esteem. Good post somebody will receive it, those who don't then keep doing what you are doing. Try to remember that your body is precious and to valuable to just give it away to a man just because he is nice to you and took you out for 2 months. Know your worth!

So on point, except I will add that I see (attractive, college educated) white women doing this as well. I think it's a generational thing, I really do! Our generation, (30 and younger) just do not deem sex as a sacred thing. I fell into that same trap of thinking sex will make a man wanna commit. I lost my virginity at age 20 to a man I loved more than life itself, a man who made it plain he was not "looking for anything serious." For some reason I deluded myself into thinking that because he changed his mid about having  a strictly platonic friendship, he wanted to commit.

Turned out he just changed his mind about the sexual aspect. Despite my devastation I continued to sleep with him for 3.5 years in hopes he would change his mind---I finally woke up and ran for my life. Then my husband came along, kept his hands to himself and courted me.

The whole "he's just not into you" movement a few years back just proves that us women in general short change ourselves. We do hold 100% of the power when it comes to what direction a relationship will take. It's one thing to have sex with no strings attached and be fine with no commitment. It's a whole other animal to hope sex will make a man commit. This rarely EVER works and sadly you get the opposite result.

Veemack, you pulled my card, because  I had the exact same mind set going in and all it got me was a broken heart and a hand full of STDS.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 3:36am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Oh, it's Black women ain't sh*t week again.Beer

im saying..

Honey sweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey sweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 4:59am
Hey what about the trailer trash white people who sleeps with their own cousins etc and have kids? What about those sick white men who lock up their own daughters in a basement for many years and make them pregnant 5 times? 
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 6:13am
Can't relate.

I had a my mom was single after my dad went to prison. She didn't get pregnant from her boyfriends.
She made great money.
My brother now goes to Brown U & I'm in the air force married w child.
We came out decently.
If anything I'm bougie but I doubt that came from my upbringing...well maybe a bit.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 07 2013 at 8:17am
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

I think the term "condescending" is a 25 cent word (as my mom loves to say) that is getting tossed around far too frequently on this board and is being used out of context in most cases. OP's tone was angry for sure - even irritated. I'll even give you rambling/ranting/frustrated/exhausted. But condescending...it's a bit of a reach to me.

Shining a spotlight on something with an obviously irate tone =/= condescending.

This is why shyt ain't never gonna change. You can't tell mofos nothing. Before you even finish a sentence all they can talk about is how they don't like your tone and blah blah blah; missing the cotdamn point. I gave up on people a long time ago. My life is just fine, keep phucking yours up.

Yup..Ain't no way you can present it without the ones that live up to the negative stereotypes whining about it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>