Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Black Women lacking in mainstream wedding industry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Black Women lacking in mainstream wedding industry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 1:59pm

Blackbride.com - The Premier Online Resource For Brides Of Color

www.blackbride.com/
Draw inspiration from the latest wedding trends for every element of the ... We understand one of the most important elements in our dreams and the actual planning is achieving “The Look” that will move ... Wedding Vows (1), Share (33), Things We Love (477), Bridal Website (11) ... 2011 Black Bride - All Rights Reserved.
  • African-American Weddings, Fusion Weddings, Multicultural Weddings

munaluchibridal.com/real-weddings/
    Planning a wedding can be stressful, especially when your wedding is only four ... Modern Black and White California Wedding by Photography by Helene:  ...
  • Black Bridal Bliss — The Ultimate Online Destination for Black Brides

blackbridalbliss.com/
    14 hours ago - These sites help newlyweds turn post wedding day clutter into cash but also help planning brides save some coins before their big day.
  • Black Bride & Groom Wedding Magazine

blackbrideandgroom.com/
    Including the groom-to-be in wedding decisions doesn't have to add to the stress of planning a wedding. When it comes to wedding planning, most men take a ...
  • African-Weddings, Heritage Wedding Brooms, Accessories & Gifts ...

www.african-weddings.com/
    Heritage African American wedding Brooms accessories and gifts,matching broom favors,crowns,invitations custom aisle runners and more.
  • African American Weddings - The Knot

wedding.theknot.com/real-weddings/african-american-weddings.aspx
    Learn about African American wedding traditions, find top African American makeup tips and read the ... Find a Couple's Registry & Wedding Website .... If you're planning to highlight your African American heritage in your upcoming wedding ...
  • African-American Brides Website

www.african-americanbrides.com/
    This new wedding cake inspired by "The Great Gatsby" was created by ... African American Wedding Hairstyles & Hairdos ... How to plan a dream wedding.
  • VibrantBride.com | For Vibrant Brides of Color

www.vibrantbride.com/
    • The net's #1 african american wedding planning site with a Printable Wedding Planning ... Some wedding photographers have started using small drones to get  

• Edited by india100 - Jan 25 2014 at 2:00pm
    Sponsored Links

Tbaby View Drop Down
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 2:01pm
    I did the same as SL--had a black wedding planner and married in a black church.  Everyone involved w/ my wedding was black except for the photographer. 

Do you have to dig deeper to find black businesses? yes, and they are out there.  I wouldn't say there was a severe lack however.
    StylingArabella View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 2:06pm
    I think it depends on what area of the country you're in. In the South there is no shortage. You can contact the NBBA (National Black Bride Association) and also look at Blackbridalguide. com. 
    hma128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hma128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 2:12pm
    I guess because I'm located in the Pacific Northwest where there aren't as many black people compared to other parts of the US. But even when you look at magazines or popular blogs, I just feel like I'm hitting a wall. I'm in the process of trying to find a makeup artist, and I'm not having any luck. Anyways, thanks for the replies!
    herwoman View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 2:21pm
    Everything I do is black don't give up...dig deeper.GL we can help you with ideas.
    hma128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hma128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 3:04pm
    I was surprisingly able to find a black Day of Coordinator and my DJ is also black. I'm having trouble finding a black makeup artist, but I might have to go to the makeup counters at the department stores to see if any of those women do freelance makeup for weddings. 
    EPITOME View Drop Down
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 5:03pm
    Yes my ls's were just complaining about that. They mentioned a black bridal magazine. I don't remember the name.
    Star007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Star007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 5:13pm
    Where on the west coast are you? I follow plenty of black make up artists on IG that do amazing make up!
    Star007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Star007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 9:45pm
    Check out vaingloriousbrides on IG.

Also, make up artist Brittany M on IG @makeupbybrittanym @makeupshayla (they're both in Cali)
    ImThatDiva View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 9:57pm
    I have a wedding planner. I do think my planner thought about that in advance or the photography companies who came to show their work thought of it in advance when they bought photos because I remember the pictures they bought for my fiance and me to look through were all a good mix and a few of the photographer(we saw like 9-12 different potentials I can't really remember but out of them like 5 or 6 had a lot of interracial photos). To be honest though, I didn't really pay attention to that. I was more concerned with the quality.
    Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
    House of CB London
    Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
    The Elite Hair Care Sorority
    Electric Cherry Hair
    Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
    Human Hair Wigs
    Wefting Training
    FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
    Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
      Share Topic