FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black Women in Sports- Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Women in Sports- Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce
    Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:27am
André Lowe, Senior Staff Reporter

MOSCOW, Russia:

"For me, there is a saying that 'you bloom where you are planted', and track and field is an unfair sport and sometimes you are judged on many things outside of your performance."

Three gold medals at the last four major championships and the claim to being the fourth-fastest woman in history have done little to give double Olympic gold medallist Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce the respect she thinks she deserves in the international track and field community.

But as the IAAF World Championships of Athletics draws closer, the 26-year-old is looking to continue her legacy and, perhaps, convince the skeptics with another podium assault.

Grateful

"It can do with where you're from, how you look. Maybe you're not the ideal person for a cover, but for me, I am grateful for everything that has happened so far," Fraser-Pryce told The Gleaner as she discussed her reputation on the international scene.

She added: "It's not like I am demanding respect, but everything that I have it's because I earned it, and persons on the sidelines will see that my performances speak for themselves. I don't have to say or do anything extra."

Fraser-Pryce's personal best time of 10.70 is only bettered by world record holder Florence Griffith-Joyner (10.49), Carmelita Jeter (10.64), and Marion Jones (10.65).

The Beijing 2008 and London 2012 Olympic 100m champion emphasised that her focus is always centred on performing when it matters regardless of what others think of her or her contribution to the sport.

"When I go on the line, I'm just ready to run. It doesn't really matter what persons have to say, the statistics, or the analysts. It's all about Shelly-Ann and what I know I am capable of doing," she said.

"There is another saying that 'not everything you hear, you hear', and so I try to separate myself from what persons expect from an Olympic champion - the popularity, and so forth," Fraser-Pryce added.

"I like who I am, and I am grateful for the fact that I have sponsors who appreciate me for who I am. Nike is there, and they have shown that they appreciate me for who I am and (have) done. GraceKennedy and Digicel have shown, too, that they appreciate me, as well as all my fans. That is enough for me," said Fraser-Pryce, whose 10.77 is the fastest time this year in the 100m.

"I am proud of what I have accomplished and what I will accomplish, and I look forward to many wonderful things in track and field, and maybe, who knows, I can change the game," she smiled. 

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 11:28am

Edited by Diane (35) - Aug 18 2013 at 11:31am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 2:25pm

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 4:05pm
fuccking hell, the lil dynamo

that wasnt even a win, that was hamering, a battering sheeeeit, thats what you call making the competition eat your heels

fuuuuck

lady_tee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote lady_tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:33pm
shes so sweet and really humble!!!
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:34pm
Yall should just make a TAF thread

She looks good in these pics
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:46pm
Ghey post.

She is SO FINE!!! Just beautiful.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:47pm
What's TAF Gkisses? I'm hungry so the abbreviations not coming to me at all. Dinner is at four, none of my relatives don't reach yet at 5:45 except my sister who no one knew was coming from the States!!!!! eff Jamaican Time 

She really is a sweetheart.

Afro, thanks for posting the Vid, i couldnt find it anywhereStar she slaughtered the other women!!! DEAD DEAD DEADLOL

ETA Track and Field Embarrassed, Naah Gkisses I needed to make ALL them threads. We tied with the USA for most medals (quality,not quantity) and we had many many upsets- disqualifications and injuriesTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

Edited by Diane (35) - Aug 18 2013 at 6:05pm
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

fuccking hell, the lil dynamo

that wasnt even a win, that was hamering, a battering sheeeeit, thats what you call making the competition eat your heels

fuuuuck

Damn did they get a head start!?!?

What yall put in that jerk chicken. Lawd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 5:51pm
Jerk chicken = garlic, pimento, scotch bonnet peppers, escallion, thyme, onion overb oimento wood on a sheet of zinc OR the easy way Slap some Walkerswood/Grace wet jerk seasoning and stick it in the oven.

Femme it looked like she was the only person in the race!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>