Extensions Plus

Black Tea Rinses For Shedding!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
palaice157 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palaice157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2010 at 9:03am
Any updates on the tea rinses? Has anyone experienced their hair color changing?
Sponsored Links

305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 1:47am
I will be trying this soon
napturallyyours View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote napturallyyours Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 1:59am
Looks good. I'll try this sometime soon.
dashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2010 at 10:58am
Originally posted by hair2day317 hair2day317 wrote:

I'm going to use nettle tea. I hear about it on another forum. I hear it's also great for skin.

I have nettle tea bags and I think I will start doing tea rinses too.
lovlyautum19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovlyautum19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 7:08pm
One question does it have to nettle are the one she used in the video? and do you think its ok to use if I've just done a honey pure coconut oil prepoo leave in?
chachawhittion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chachawhittion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2011 at 7:56am
Thanks for the information. I am interested about it. I wil check it out.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 7:16pm
So she used black tea as in Lipton-like orange pekoe?  Cool, I will try this.
loveyessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveyessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2011 at 7:29pm
I tried this once and I really need to do this more often.
My hair was shedding bad, like if i ran my fingers thru my hair i would have SOOO much shedding.
Everything I did to my hair I would see more than the normal amount of shedding.

I didn't boil my tea as long I let it sit for maybe 30 mins and I poured it into a spray bottle. and DC after.

Now that I think about it this could really be the reason my hair isn't shedding like how it was before now.
Olive80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olive80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2011 at 1:19pm
I saw Traycee's video on youtube, and it's one of the reasons I ended up here. I've done it twice (I do it once a week), and I like it pretty well. The second time around, I noticed that I had hardly any breakage/shedding. The first time I did this, I used a strange mix of tea, though, and had some left over, so I used the last bit up yesterday.

What I do is use it on my co-wash day (though, the first time was with my first relaxer in...a very long time). I take the tea, and last time, I used mostly loose leaf teas, I have my own bags for them. So, here's the list:
  • Twinings Lady Grey black tea (loose leaf)
  • Twinings vanilla Chai (I hated the taste...) (pre-bagged)
  • Yerba Mat`e from El Burrito (lime flavor...) (also loose leaf)
  • and Constant Commet

I probably do this backwards, because I use the rinse first, and then my conditioner(s). I know you don't need to use more than one conditioner, but I have the dark and lovely moisturizing conditioner (I think it's a 3 in 1), Pantene Pro-V's relaxed and natural intense moisturizing conditioner, Pantene (or dove)'s heat therapy conditioner (I'm a former heat-abuser), and sometimes, the Suave Humectant conditioner. I dunno, it works for me. My hair feels stupid soft.

I leave it in for a few minutes (I live in dorms, so I have to be respectful of oter people's time and needs, so I can't leave it in for 20 minutes, or put it in and expect the shower to be empty when I want/need it to be.), and then I rinse it out, and condition my hair. I think most peple condition first, and then rinse...I like doing it this way, because I get rid of buildup from excercising and product usage during the week before I condition my hair.

As I mentioned before, I used the black tea rinse first when I relaxed my hair, and of course, I had a lot of breakage from...whatever, a lot of things, and my relaxer. It was really bad, my comb/brush were covered in hair, my pillowcases, hair on my shirts (even if I had it up) I didn't notice much of anything the first time, but yesterday was a completely different story. I don't have hair just all over the place anymore, and it feels nice. I must warn, though, that if anyone decides to use the mate all loose leaf (I decided to squeeze any excess out of the tea bags. I don't know if you're supposed to do that...seems logical to me, get all the extra nutrients out that might otherwise be left behind?) it leaves a yellow/orange tinge on your fingers. It washes off. I currently need to invest in more tea, and will tomorrow.

I hope it helps, I know I'm extra-late to the topic, but I do love this site. I apologize if my post seemed to be all over the place. I'm new to forums.
renee728 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renee728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2011 at 9:00am
I need to do this!!!  My hair has been shedding horribly.  I did the tea rinse once about 4 months ago and loved the results - thanks for reminding me how this helped with my shedding - I'm going to do a tea rinse this weekend.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic