Extensions Plus

Black Tea Rinses For Shedding!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Tea Rinses For Shedding!
    Posted: May 02 2010 at 4:14pm
Have you guys seen Traycee's youtube video on stopping shedding with black tea rinses? I tried it and loved my results! I've only done it once so far and I had much less shedding than usual. I am making this a part of my regimen. I bought the first type of tea she showed at Walmart for less than $2 and it came with 25 bags! I encourage you ladies to check out her video and give this a try! I'm interested to know how it works for everyone else!Big%20smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOx1mfQxyAk
Sponsored Links

GoodKarma4me View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodKarma4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2010 at 7:11pm
thanks alot for the info Tink!
4baddest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4baddest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 6:16pm

It sound slike it's worth a try.. Thanks  , because I do have my share of shedding even though I manage to retain the length 

Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 9:51am
^^^ I think it's worth a try. The tea bags are really cheap. I am so excited to finally be doing something that's working for my shedding!
sdclark77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdclark77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 10:00am
Thanks a lot my hair is always shedding & I use all type of conditioners
mewantlonghair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mewantlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 2:50pm
Can someone explain the video... I can't see it at work and would love to try this!
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 3:42pm
I will def. have to try this. I was doing ACV rinses, but now I'll give this a try. Thanks!
luxurious black View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luxurious black Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 6:56pm
Thanks for the info my hair shedding has gottn worse i hope this helps. thanks again ladies :-)
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2010 at 11:57am
Originally posted by mewantlonghair mewantlonghair wrote:

Can someone explain the video... I can't see it at work and would love to try this!

I'll have to re-watch the video to remember exactly how Traycee did it but what I did was this:

Boiled about 15-20oz tap water on the stove
Once the water started boiling I turned the stove off and added 10 black tea bags
I let it sit/steep overnight
I removed the tea bags and added the liquid to an applicator bottle (it ended up being just over 8oz)
I shampooed my hair in the shower, rinsed regularly then used the black tea as a rinse.
I let it sit on my hair like that for about 20 minutes then added HE Hello Hydration
I wrapped my hair with saran wrap and an hour later I rinsed in the shower

I still had some shedding but it wasn't NEARLY as much as usual. It's time for me to wash again but I plan on doing the same thing except I may co-wash instead of using shampoo. The tea did stain my white towels but it came right out with no problem.

HTH
hair2day317 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair2day317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2010 at 7:39am
I'm going to use nettle tea. I hear about it on another forum. I hear it's also great for skin.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic