Black Soap and Dry Skin

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
DixieDarlin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DixieDarlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Soap and Dry Skin
    Posted: Jan 10 2015 at 5:35pm
So my face gets REALLY dry really easy, especially in the winter time. I was to try dudu osun but I'm scared it'll dry the hell out of my face and end up doing more damage than good. I just want to fade a few dark marks I have.

Has anyone with dry skin tried this soap? I tried searching this up online, but all what I'm seeing are reviews saying that the soap dried out their skin, not necessarily any reviews from people who have dry skin.
Sponsored Links

MissAnnaMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAnnaMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2015 at 7:30am
I use the dudu osun black soap for my face and body. I use it on my face with my clarisonic and it dries my skin out. My skin isn't exceptionally dry normally but I have combination skin, if it dries out the faces of people with oily skin then if you already have dry skin it will definitely dry it out. 

It isn't that bad though, people really go crazy like your face cant be re-moisturised. I picked up a regular day cream from Nivea and that gets my face back to normal after using it. 

Sn. I'm assuming you're using it for dark spots and to even skin tone? I have been using it for about 6, maybe 7 months once a day, 6 days a week. It hasn't evened my skin tone in the slightest but because of it's drying aspect it dries out any spots that may have popped up and stops new ones from coming. 
bigsexylisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigsexylisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2015 at 12:20pm
I've been using black soap since Thanksgiving or so.  I've noticed that my skin tone has evened out some and I haven't had any break outs--but my skin does get really dry.  I use shea butter to moisturize, and that takes care of it. 
Haircolored View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haircolored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2015 at 3:42am
I have tried this for just a short time, so I can't say this has improved nor damaged my skin. Those were the days when I tried addressing my blemished skin. These days, I no longer use soap for my face. i try moisturize it with the new edition of SR Lotion, the one that's for blemished dry skin. I wander no more except going to srlotion.com and order it.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2015 at 11:25am
I have mixed combination skin: oily and dry. So when I use AFrican Black Soap, the oily part gets taken care of, but the dry part becomes drier. So all I do is apply a moisturizer such as St Ives Collagen & Elastin and I am good.
PerfectBlending View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectBlending Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2015 at 12:30pm
I use the Alaiia liquid black soap! So far so good. And doesn't dry my face out
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic