BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Black Slave Owners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binky622 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 10:43am
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Originally posted by binky622 binky622 wrote:

they are worse than whites
Some were. But most I think used the opportunity to buy their family. Remember it was dangerous for them too. I read of some who did so and then they all ended up getting kidnapped and sold as slaves even though they were legally free.

If I can find the one slave narrative, there is one with a picture of a man who looks like a tanned white person and then there are 2 kids who look white. The man was a slave and they looked poor as hell.

But that man was considered black.

thanks that makes sense. the sad thing is that we as Blacks still live in the country that enslaved us with little to no acknowledgement.  from sociological stand point how do you find the root of our issues.  I had a deep discussion with an male friend who is from Africa and he says that we should not have stayed here once we were declared free. sigh  
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 10:46am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Thanks for your contributions patti.

I'm learning something new everyday!Smile

Slightly OT: weren't those people living in the Appalachians ("Melungeons" I think they're called) the descendants of indentured black and white slaves or something? I vaguely remember there was a thread about it last year.

yes but the Mungeons claimed they were descendants of Spanish or Portuguese sailors, some likely believed it.  They are extremely inbred
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 10:56am
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Originally posted by binky622 binky622 wrote:

they are worse than whites
Some were. But most I think used the opportunity to buy their family. Remember it was dangerous for them too. I read of some who did so and then they all ended up getting kidnapped and sold as slaves even though they were legally free.

If I can find the one slave narrative, there is one with a picture of a man who looks like a tanned white person and then there are 2 kids who look white. The man was a slave and they looked poor as hell.

But that man was considered black.

I really hope so.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 11:57am
Patti, I am going to paste this here.. It sorta relates to the Op in regards to passing..
&amp;#8220;I am Reyita, a regular, ordinary person. A natural person, respectful, helpful, decent, affectionate, and very independent. For my mother, it was an embarrassment, that I—of her four daughters—was the only black one. I always felt the difference between us, because she didn’t have as much affection for me as she did for my sisters&amp;#8230; . I was the victim of terrible discrimination from my mother. And if you add that to the situation in Cuba, you can understand why I never wanted a black husband. I had good reason, you know. I didn’t want to have children as black as me, so that no one would look down on them, no one would harass and humiliate them. Oh, God only knows! I didn’t want my children to suffer what I’d had to suffer.”—from Reyita: The Life of a Black Cuban Woman in the Twentieth Century
“I am Reyita, a regular, ordinary person. A natural person, respectful, helpful, decent, affectionate, and very independent. For my mother, it was an embarrassment, that I—of her four daughters—was the only black one. I always felt the difference between us, because she didn’t have as much affection for me as she did for my sisters… . I was the victim of terrible discrimination from my mother. And if you add that to the situation in Cuba, you can understand why I never wanted a black husband. I had good reason, you know. I didn’t want to have children as black as me, so that no one would look down on them, no one would harass and humiliate them. Oh, God only knows! I didn’t want my children to suffer what I’d had to suffer.”—from Reyita: The Life of a Black Cuban Woman in the Twentieth Century
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 12:07pm
Interesting read. Great thread. 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 12:18pm
hmmm interesting rummie
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 1:00pm
the uk and a few other european countries had a 'repatriation' (rather purging) of emancipated slaves back to the mother land

some of these then went back and 'civilised' their home countries employing discriminatory practices with disastrous effects that still reverberate to this day

e.g liberia
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 1:04pm
^^the US did something like that...after the EP went into effect, Lincoln sent some newly freed slaves to some island in the Caribbean as a sort of soft test of repatriation of slaves (which in effect would have been similar to an ethnic cleansing)

I forgot what it was called, and I just read a book about it...let me try to find it... 

Edited by Ladybird0724 - Feb 13 2013 at 1:23pm
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 1:15pm
this is exactly what miscegenation is supposed to accomplish

again I wouldn't blame the victims or tools of racisms

they were pawns and unfortunately didn't even know it

the anti-miscegenation laws further prove the destructive intentions the racist establishment had for creating this socio-economic class

Edited by rickysrose - Feb 13 2013 at 1:15pm
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 1:18pm
I know some Metoyer's from NO. 
they are mulatto but claim full black 

i wonder if there is some connection 

anywhoo i remember s/o and I visited Laura's Plantation in Gramercy, LA and one of the women was said to be of african descent. she tried to bleach her skin and wound up poisoning herself 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic