Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Lets Talk Archives > Talk Archives 2007
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBlack people looking like monkeys???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
oneone1onezero0 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2007 at 2:46am
Everyone looks like monkeys.  Evolution.
Sponsored Links

leftywefty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2007 at 3:49am
Originally posted by Myriad Myriad wrote:

I think if people understood the context of describing blacks as not humans but animals i.e. apes and monkeys and the racist intent in it. I can't help NOT to feel uncomfortable when a person describes a black person as ape like or monkey-like. Cartoons and images like this was ok for a very long time. Blacks being described as monkeys surely is steep in racism just like the n-word. It's meant to let a person feel dehumanized. That's was the whole cycle of racism since the people in power and in this case whites wanted blacks to feel lowly about themselves by making caricatures and when one feels lowly then the cycle of abuse and opression can continue. Why would anyone want to stand up  when he/she don't feel much love for oneself?

It's not even about calling a person an unattractive human it's lowering the standard to animals. They're not even in the same category as humans. Speaking of Tyra Banks I watched her talkshow when this black man said that he described this black guy as a gorilla. A black man on national tv joking that his friend looks just like a gorilla so he teases him about it. Funny because a racist person tunes in and probably thinks HE looks like an gorilla and believes that every black person look like  gorillas.

I find it surprising but whenever I hear a black person being described as monkey or ape like usually it comes from the mouth of another black person. I wonder if the this was reverse... instead in this case this a black person is described as a monkey by a white person would they still feel the same? Would it be ok because some blacks do look like monkeys and apes? Like always this is related to the long after effects of racism and slavery. It's just like the good and bad hair stereotype. It's just like the light and dark skin stereotype. It's all the same to me. I see no difference in this. Referring a black person as monkeys or apes is related to racism and the after effects of racism.

In this first clips blacks didn't look like human but apes or monkeys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTT3r2qBEDc

In this second clip every character was normal looking except for blacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIxHfwhckcs

Images like this was like nothing and used very causally just like when a black person describes or think it's ok to a black person as ape or monkey looking.

ETA: blah typos.

oh my gosh! those babies looked like lil picaninnies(sp) Did you see them bribe/lure them with watermelon?? wtf?Ouch damn blue eyed devil. I thank god that i wasnt born not a decade sooner, or i wouldnt have the opportunities that i do today!Shocked
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2007 at 6:05am
Originally posted by oneone1onezero0 oneone1onezero0 wrote:

Get out of my head.
Misanthrope View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2007 at 8:22am
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

Get out of my head.

Evolution,eh? I always thought that caucasions looked more monkey-ish than Blacks. If you shave the hair off of a monkey, the skin is white, and monkeys don't even have lips, and neither do most white people but whatever.
Make it Work! View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2007 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Myriad Myriad wrote:

I think if people understood the context of describing blacks as not humans but animals i.e. apes and monkeys and the racist intent in it. I can't help NOT to feel uncomfortable when a person describes a black person as ape like or monkey-like. Cartoons and images like this was ok for a very long time. Blacks being described as monkeys surely is steep in racism just like the n-word. It's meant to let a person feel dehumanized. That's was the whole cycle of racism since the people in power and in this case whites wanted blacks to feel lowly about themselves by making caricatures and when one feels lowly then the cycle of abuse and opression can continue. Why would anyone want to stand up  when he/she don't feel much love for oneself?

It's not even about calling a person an unattractive human it's lowering the standard to animals. They're not even in the same category as humans. Speaking of Tyra Banks I watched her talkshow when this black man said that he described this black guy as a gorilla. A black man on national tv joking that his friend looks just like a gorilla so he teases him about it. Funny because a racist person tunes in and probably thinks HE looks like an gorilla and believes that every black person look like  gorillas.

I find it surprising but whenever I hear a black person being described as monkey or ape like usually it comes from the mouth of another black person. I wonder if the this was reverse... instead in this case this a black person is described as a monkey by a white person would they still feel the same? Would it be ok because some blacks do look like monkeys and apes? Like always this is related to the long after effects of racism and slavery. It's just like the good and bad hair stereotype. It's just like the light and dark skin stereotype. It's all the same to me. I see no difference in this. Referring a black person as monkeys or apes is related to racism and the after effects of racism.

In this first clips blacks didn't look like human but apes or monkeys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTT3r2qBEDc

In this second clip every character was normal looking except for blacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIxHfwhckcs

Images like this was like nothing and used very causally just like when a black person describes or think it's ok to a black person as ape or monkey looking.

ETA: blah typos.
wow@ that second clip, & it's betty boop
oneone1onezero0 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2007 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Misanthrope Misanthrope wrote:

Get out of my head.

Evolution,eh? I always thought that caucasions looked more monkey-ish than Blacks. If you shave the hair off of a monkey, the skin is white, and monkeys don't even have lips, and neither do most white people but whatever.

Oooh Burn.
Dehinds View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2007 at 9:55am
I understand evolution and this reference has nothing to do with it. 
sweetpw View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2007 at 10:04am
Im not sure about racisr, but its offensive and should never have been said in the first place. Monkey references are usually said to black people as an insult and is deemed racist however i never heard the context in which it was used.

sistagirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2007 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Misanthrope Misanthrope wrote:

Get out of my head.

Cosign. Those are the real monkeys.
NurseGal View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2007 at 3:30pm
I don't think it has anything to do with race.  I have actually seen people that favor monkeys.  Then again, I've been told I look like a shark, my roomate looks like a pterodactly...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic