Topic ClosedBlack in Latin America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Star007 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 10:31pm
Ugh! I missed it!! I'll be tuning in tomorrow.
Sponsored Links

drjo91 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 10:34pm
I never said you pulled it out of your ass or said that what you said was bullsh*t or anything...what I am saying is or tried to say is that you guys act like people can just snap in the Caribbean is not that easy when I said they don't teach you anything. Life is different over there than it is in America it is what it is. When I was living in the DR I didn't know that I was black, I was little so I didn't go saying things like "I am not black or of African descent" because I didn't know that I had any African blood...I learned that I was black here in the USA. No one is going to tell you anything, Europeans are put on a pedestal in Latin America and in some Caribbean islands.

You can say research but I am just saying since I have lived there and went to school there too and I was born in the USA just raised there. Our African blood is everywhere but some people aren't even aware of it and think that we "live under European sh*t" when we don't.

I just think is crazy for ya to be like there is no reason for people in the Caribbean to feel this way as if the issue came out of nowhere. Then there is no reason for AAs to have color issues then and there is no reason for AAs to not care about Africa ...the same happens in the Caribbean where light skin is preferred and where anything that has to do with Africa is not accepted yet. See what I mean?

Maybe you guys see stuff differently because when it comes to America here is like you have whites, you have blacks and other people. Over there is like everyone is living under the same culture no matter what your shade is, here I wouldn't identify with no white ppl over there I can because we are all under the same culture if that made any sense. I can understand both sides of the AA and Caribbean/Latin America because I guess I seen both.

Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by drjo91 drjo91 wrote:

I never said you pulled it out of your ass or said that what you said was bullsh*t or anything...what I am saying is or tried to say is that you guys act like people can just snap in the Caribbean is not that easy when I said they don't teach you anything. Life is different over there than it is in America it is what it is. When I was living in the DR I didn't know that I was black, I was little so I didn't go saying things like "I am not black or of African descent" because I didn't know that I had any African blood...I learned that I was black here in the USA. No one is going to tell you anything, Europeans are put on a pedestal in Latin America and in some Caribbean islands.

You can say research but I am just saying since I have lived there and went to school there too and I was born in the USA just raised there. Our African blood is everywhere but some people aren't even aware of it and think that we "live under European sh*t" when we don't.

I just think is crazy for ya to be like there is no reason for people in the Caribbean to feel this way as if the issue came out of nowhere. Then there is no reason for AAs to have color issues then and there is no reason for AAs to not care about Africa ...the same happens in the Caribbean where light skin is preferred and where anything that has to do with Africa is not accepted yet. See what I mean?

Maybe you guys see stuff differently because when it comes to America here is like you have whites, you have blacks and other people. Over there is like everyone is living under the same culture no matter what your shade is, here I wouldn't identify with no white ppl over there I can because we are all under the same culture if that made any sense. I can understand both sides of the AA and Caribbean/Latin America because I guess I seen both.

I really think thats what people fail to realize over here...
kennini View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 10:42pm
Yuck @ sharing a culture with some crackas.
lovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by kennini kennini wrote:

LOL

i think if America's history was different, people wouldn't mind being called JUST American.
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 10:45pm
can someone explain to me the difference between regional american cultures and black culture? Smile. I've always wanted to know. And since y'all on the subject. 
drjo91 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by lovelife lovelife wrote:

Originally posted by kennini kennini wrote:

LOL

i think if America's history was different, people wouldn't mind being called JUST American.

LOL Kennini please you here sharing a country with them, school, getting a pay check from them...crackas rule the world.Sleepy
drjo91 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

can someone explain to me the difference between regional american cultures and black culture? Smile. I've always wanted to know. And since y'all on the subject. 

Are you talking about the SOUTH VS NORTH? I want to know too. First time I ever heard about it was through here but then again I have learned a lot of things from BHM....like all jokes aside.Wink

Star007 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 11:05pm
DVR'ing it right now..woop!

Black Mexicans..

Kalimba

Yes, they do exist..lol
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2011 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by drjo91 drjo91 wrote:

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

Are you talking about the SOUTH VS NORTH? I want to know too. First time I ever heard about it was through here but then again I have learned a lot of things from BHM....like all jokes aside.Wink

yeah. Like since there is a war between the north and the south, if its mainly "white" culture why do black americans still seem to have the north vs south mentality. And if you're in the north are you claiming to have the same culture as whites in the north...? Or is black american culture all one umbrella term for all blacks which would cover the north and the south?  I has a confuse. 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
  Share Topic