Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Black Identity and Racism Collide in Brazil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

I was about to come in here mad as hell yall were claiming Neymar as black but after seeing his childhood pictures.....that nicca is black. 

you let a box relaxer fool youLOL
Sponsored Links

Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:59pm
I got into a huge debate with a Haitian friend that refuses to acknowledge that he's black/African decent because he has a brown paper bag complexion.  To add more insult to injury, he actually says he's fair skin.  However when a "black" opportunity pops up, he wants to jump on the black bandwagon.  SMH.

You have to realize that you can't teach or save everyone.  Some people are just too deep in their own stupidity or ignorance to know any better. 

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 1:00pm
LOL
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 1:01pm
Dominicans celebrate their independance drom Haitians, not Spain.

The hate for haitians in that country is sooo real. I've heard first account horror stories and dominicans my age 24 just laughing at the vile things done
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

I got into a huge debate with a Haitian friend that refuses to acknowledge that he's black/African decent because he has a brown paper bag complexion.  To add more insult to injury, he actually says he's fair skin.  However when a "black" opportunity pops up, he wants to jump on the black bandwagon.  SMH.

You have to realize that you can't teach or save everyone.  Some people are just too deep in their own stupidity or ignorance to know any better. 

Yup, I hate haitians like this. Quick to shout out any dominicn or french in them but want to be down in private or when the money comes in.

I want to ask these latinos what is black to them? What does it meaan to them
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 1:04pm
Ain't that some sh*t?!? LOL

Ds2nice is right, some people are too far gone
The culture of self-hatred is too deep in Dominican culture to save it

Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Dominicans celebrate their independance drom Haitians, not Spain.

The hate for haitians in that country is sooo real. I've heard first account horror stories and dominicans my age 24 just laughing at the vile things done
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 1:08pm

I've met the type. There is a mulatto elite in Haiti that has had a stronghold on the economy (although they have been challenged a great deal throughout history, not all of them are mulatto) but lost control of the political sphere. Some of these people (not all) are basically light-skinned blacks that intermarried for generations (kind of like the Creoles in the U.S.). The ones who hold that mentality are seriously messed up in the brain.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Yup, I hate haitians like this. Quick to shout out any dominicn or french in them but want to be down in private or when the money comes in.

I want to ask these latinos what is black to them? What does it meaan to them

Girl, I have stories...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 1:15pm
But coming back to Brazil, I think they have more of a black consciousness, especially in recent years, decade. They have been pushing for rights. Rummie and Marcelo probably know more about that.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 17 2014 at 1:17pm
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

I hope the muscles surrounding his lungs cease to function during his sleepAngry
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic