Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Black Identity and Racism Collide in Brazil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:01pm
Some think Santaria is Spanish lmfao and white people trying to make shango and oshun white now.
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:03pm
im so black african i bleed ululations
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:05pm
Denying Blackness is so counterproductive

Most of these people are too slow to realize that if they embraced Blackness that they could flip their reality on it's side
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:07pm
I was in a Mexican bakery store buying some morning bread.. The old lady asked me what I was ... I responded "soy negra" (i'm black)... She was like no no mejia you are not black and we went back and forth ... Pinch
I always respond to latinos that I am black because I am andddddddd they get a little bit too comfortable and want to talk about "other blacks" around me and that is a no go..
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Most of these people are too slow to realize that if they embraced Blackness that they could flip their reality on it's side

Like I said, denying blackness depending on the reason can be justified.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

They know their history and that they are black....It's just the stigma of being black what they want to run away from.

In Cuba you know that you are black ...

not a lot cubans in these parks so i cant speak on it. 

i was in a black psych class in college and this girl who was puerto rican and dark skinned starting talking about why she was taking the class.  and a white guy interrupted her and said arent you black? and she said no.  she explained that she was from PR and he said yeah but youre black and she was like no.  so he asked her how does she look the way she does and she said well maybe one of her ancestors way, way, back may have been black.LOL this girl is dark skin

these are the types of stories i hear all the time. i have a friend from PR and it took me 11 years to get her to just say she's black...but still puerto ricanLOL
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:12pm
Even when it's "justified" it's still counterproductive

Let's say everyone who's ever been called Black just embraces it, or at least doesn't make a big deal of it... it would completely take the sting out of supposedly being an insult
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

They know their history and that they are black....It's just the stigma of being black what they want to run away from.

i was in a black psych class in college and this girl who was puerto rican and dark skinned starting talking about why she was taking the class.  and a white guy interrupted her and said arent you black? and she said no.  she explained that she was from PR and he said yeah but youre black and she was like no.  so he asked her how does she look the way she does and she said well maybe one of her ancestors way, way, back may have been black.LOL this girl is dark skin

these are the types of stories i hear all the time. i have a friend from PR and it took me 11 years to get her to just say she's black...but still puerto ricanLOL

Idk something about a white person telling me who or what I am. Would take me over the edge.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Like I said, denying blackness depending on the reason can be justified.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Idk something about a white person telling me who or what I am. Would take me over the edge.

he was the only white guy in the class too.  i think the most of the black in the class including the professor didnt even want to challenge her cuz we thought she might crackLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic