BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black Identity and Racism Collide in Brazil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 11:52am
its crazy but ive but living in jersey ive had to just come to terms with it accept they are not meant to know about their background.   but it makes me wonder what they teach them in there countries and families about slavery and race because ive come across way too many dark skinned latinos who have no idea they are of african decent and just think their skin color and hair is just something that sometimes happens to hispanicsStern Smile  and im not even going to mention the number of hispanics that believe their country of origin is their race.  its like an entire race of people just agreed never to talk about who they were and deleted themselves out of history.
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 11:55am

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I was buying something from Windsor and the cashier asked me who helped me

I said that black girl over there and pointed at the girl that helped me

the cashier (who was obviously BLACK) said, she's not black she's dominican and was kind of salty about it

well bitch just ring me the fcuk up.....you knew who I was talking about

LOL i pointed out a black girl to my colombian friend and she was like no mami she's not black she's just dark skinned.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

the cashier (who was obviously BLACK) said, she's not black she's dominican and was kind of salty about it

LOL i pointed out a black girl to my colombian friend and she was like no mami she's not black she's just dark skinned.

lol

that happened to me in jersey by the way
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 11:58am

its crazy but ive but living in jersey ive had to just come to terms with it accept they are not meant to know about their background.   but it makes me wonder what they teach them in there countries and families about slavery and race because ive come across way too many dark skinned latinos who have no idea they are of african decent and just think their skin color and hair is just something that sometimes happens to hispanicsStern Smile  and im not even going to mention the number of hispanics that believe their country of origin is their race.  its like an entire race of people just agreed never to talk about who they were and deleted themselves out of history.

I asked this on here before

I don't think they are taught much tbh

but AAs are the ones that are lost..........
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:00pm
They know their history and that they are black....It's just the stigma of being black what they want to run away from.

In Cuba you know that you are black ...
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:01pm

lol

that happened to me in jersey by the way

of course it did.  ive never seen so many racially confused people as jersey.  i dont even tell the stories i know cuz it'll look like i have something against hispanics.
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:01pm
Some think Santaria is Spanish lmfao and white people trying to make shango and oshun white now.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:02pm

to know the truth and then deny....very sad
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:03pm
im so black african i bleed ululations
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 17 2014 at 12:05pm
Denying Blackness is so counterproductive

Most of these people are too slow to realize that if they embraced Blackness that they could flip their reality on it's side
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
  Share Topic