Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Black Identity and Racism Collide in Brazil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

I got into a huge debate with a Haitian friend that refuses to acknowledge that he's black/African decent because he has a brown paper bag complexion.  To add more insult to injury, he actually says he's fair skin.  However when a "black" opportunity pops up, he wants to jump on the black bandwagon.  SMH.

You have to realize that you can't teach or save everyone.  Some people are just too deep in their own stupidity or ignorance to know any better. 

what does he say when u say "i thought u weren't black?"?
Sponsored Links

Mamacita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamacita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 11:16am
Lol @ brown paper bag complexion. Yea even in our country, there are people that believe if Yuh hair don't look like type 4 or whatever....Yuh ain't black. But my grandfather is light brown east Indian and he says that HE is black, n that's how I always saw it growing up. If you're not white, and u r "light brown, brown or dark skinned whatever" u are coloured/black. U may not necessarily be AA. But mixed/Afro Latinas....and even east Indians I view as people of colour. Black is beautiful and we have such variations to us. Ppl believe that u have to only have certain features or only have very kinky hair to be black. I think it's just misguided.

Also....I could slightly understand y some ppl are so "afraid" of the black word....on our ID cards..it doesn't have whether u r causcasian or African or whatever..for example our ID cards would have eye color: brown or whatever and then they have your complexion, and they put whether it is light brown or brown or dark brown lmao. There is no white or black. So some ppl might migrate or vacation to america and b like 'black??? No I'm brown. my ID card says so' lmaoooooo. this is so funny. The world is really brainwashed by alot of things, and it's passed on from generation to generation.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 11:37am
Man,I love me some Dani Alves.... goes to read article.

During the opening ceremonies, I was looking for the black folks.
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 2:27pm
Neymar's sister

she black or nah? i do know she bad but probably on that same ish Neymar is

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 5:10pm
She ain't black in Brazil. Her skin is "too light", her hair is straightened, and she got light colored eyes... she can claim that she is descendant of Brazilian indians.

btw, the first pic on the article posted by Alias shows Australians wearing the Brazilian jersey... I know because one of them got the flag and the guy has a pic of them with "kangaroos" written above it.

I am disgusted that people made fun of Marcelo for making the wrong goal by calling on his skin color and "bad hair" but no one thought that a black person did something right when Neymar made 2 goals because Neymar has light colored eyes, straightened hair, and I guess looks "less black".
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic