Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Black History Month Lesson Plan Ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:23pm
Did u figure out anything Tokyo?
Sponsored Links

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 11:49pm
I think I am going to create some information cards for black entertainers and inventors and have the students write about the historical figure they are most interested in.  The most difficult part about doing this unit is that you have to teach it to students who have no real knowledge of the racial climate in the US.  That is both positive and negative because the only preconceived notions they may have are from people who bring those stereotypes with them to the school.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Eden. Eden. wrote:

teach em about richard aoki
Hell, nah.

I had mad respect for him until I found out he was an informant for the FBI and the coward took his life after he made it public.
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 12:34am
I think you can give them a list of people and a popular quote of theirs or accomplishment and tell them to study it for homework.
Then, a couple of days later, do a game. Have index cards half with the names on them, the other half with the accomplishment/saying. Have them work in groups and everyone has the same ones. Let's say there are four groups. The first three groups to properly match up the names with the accomplishment or quote move one to round two. The last group standing gets split up and compete against each other until there is 1 or 2 left standing and then they are the winner and they can have a candy basket or something small and fun or a no homework pass or 5 points on the next test prize.
I don't know if that's what you are looking for but it was just an idea that might be helpful.

pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 9:47pm
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 2:31pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic