Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Black Hair Dressers Are Not Trained to do Natural
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Black Hair Dressers Are Not Trained to do Natural

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:51pm
I don't trust any hair dressers with my hair. Period.

Sponsored Links

uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:54pm
I actually watched the entire thing. Most of it was the same old arguments, but some key points:

1. I found it interesting that the lady with the TWA was described as being extreme.

2. The guy with the YT channel was awkward

3. I also found it interesting that most of the black men interviewed at the barber shop said they dislike weave

4. The hair dresser was annoying.

5. The host ended the show with the whole "I am not my hair" statement, but that's the problem isn't it? Some women are defined by their lack of acceptance of their own hair.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by AmyAmyAmy AmyAmyAmy wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

She's been protective styling for 8 years straight and that all she has up there.....and Trisha ass been a bleaching too....

I was wondering the same thing.  All them wigs, and she barely has enough hair up there to snatch.

She had cancer...not sure how her hair is now though....

Are you talking about Trish or the woman who just had the natural makeover?  I was referring to the woman who had the makeover.  After all those wigs, all she has is a tuft of hair to show for it.
AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyAmyAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 9:02pm

Originally posted by AmyAmyAmy AmyAmyAmy wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

She's been protective styling for 8 years straight and that all she has up there.....and Trisha ass been a bleaching too....

I was wondering the same thing.  All them wigs, and she barely has enough hair up there to snatch.

She had cancer...not sure how her hair is now though....

Are you talking about Trish or the woman who just had the natural makeover?  I was referring to the woman who had the makeover.  After all those wigs, all she has is a tuft of hair to show for it.

Yeah i thought u were referring to Trish, mistaken.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 12:08am
The guest Arcadia has been wearing wigs/weaves for 8 years and it's that short? That is odd.

So she is not using the weaves etc as a protective style. Clearly she's just been slapping on the hair and pinning it to her natural hair with no regard for the health of her natural hair ... that's why it's so short.

ivy07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ivy07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 2:05am
^^^yes, I was wondering why the guests who wear weaves and wigs still have their natural hair so short???????Confused

they're wearing hairpieces for fun?Confused

when I was introduced to weaves and wigs,I wore them to grow my hair out long ,while taking care of my hair underneath.

Edited by ivy07 - Jan 03 2014 at 2:06am
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 4:15am
Wigs and weaves for protective styling is a hair board myth...
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 7:27am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Wigs and weaves for protective styling is a hair board myth...

I dont even try that story with myself, it is what it is. If you like weaves fine just make sure they are not filled with ratchedness same with natural hair. Everythang aint fo errebody, do you!
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 8:28am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Summary: Natural "nazis" vs "clueless" weave wearers, lone black man who's opinion doesn't matter, token white woman thrown in to ease the tension of matters that have nothing to do with her, a handsome lukewarm simp voices his opinion for applause and the white knight in shining armor who supported his black woman to go natural.

I swear, tv ain't sh!t these daysDead

lmao.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 8:32am
Also.. Aside from the "blood on your hands" comment....I didn't think the natural hair girl was extreme at all. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>