Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Black Girls and School Discipline: What's Going On
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black Girls and School Discipline: What's Going On

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 7:17am
Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

Ah Midna, the usurper! Lol at squinty eyes. Just outrageous, the bias. Sad that the white children get the benefit of the doubt. Well unless you record your bullies and the school gets embarrassed. 

nope.  you'll be charged.  and that happened to a white kid so you know u gwan to jail.
Sponsored Links

OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 7:57am
I'm not understanding the vibe of this article. 

Yes, I absolutely do believe that black girls are treated much more harshly with regard to dress code, discipline, right ups etc than their white counterparts, BUT I've gone to all white schools and all black schools and I'm not going to sit and act like the black girls at my school did not cause the majority of the fights, confrontations, student -teacher issues and disruptions.....because they did. 

There needs to be less glorification in fighting. You can make your point without being disrespectful. I had a friend who was very out spoken, but her approach was rude. I constantly questioned teachers but I never got written up. There is a way and manner to handle everything. 

Also to be clear, the parents that read that article more than likely are not the parents of these kids who are acting up. 

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 8:31am
^^^I think the article is trying to address how they get to the point of acting out. Broken relationships, treated poorly, etc.
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 8:37am
My teachers always adored me. The one time that I was kicked out if the classroom by a substitute teacher, that same sub was fired. I've always been the "safe" negro even in the workforce. I like having YT think that they can't trust me, little do they know...
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 9:48am
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

I'm not understanding the vibe of this article. 

Yes, I absolutely do believe that black girls are treated much more harshly with regard to dress code, discipline, right ups etc than their white counterparts, BUT I've gone to all white schools and all black schools and I'm not going to sit and act like the black girls at my school did not cause the majority of the fights, confrontations, student -teacher issues and disruptions.....because they did

There needs to be less glorification in fighting. You can make your point without being disrespectful. I had a friend who was very out spoken, but her approach was rude. I constantly questioned teachers but I never got written up. There is a way and manner to handle everything. 

Also to be clear, the parents that read that article more than likely are not the parents of these kids who are acting up. 

I've noticed this at times
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 9:53am

I don't even remember white fights but I stopped hanging around white people in 7th grade

I'm sure some happened but it's kind of like when I come on here, I'm not here for any yt celeb news or gossip so they kind of stop existing in a way

and by the time I was in 10th grade, most of my core classes were honor classes so those kids (black, white, and the other) weren't fighting or disruptive anyway

Edited by SamoneLenior - Apr 16 2014 at 10:00am
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 9:57am
Deranged yt girl had a meltdown cause my dear darling son wasnt thinking about her or that string bracelet she made him and went full crazy on him, this went on for weeks. When he finally had enough of Crazy Carrie they wanna call me

Phuck that unstable ho, the secretary told me this wasnt the first incident with her and demand that she be suspended since they tried to suspend him for grabbing her arms so she could not scratch him anymore

Needless to say crazy carrie spent 5 days thinking about keeping her hands to herself, they hope you will come up there and act all jerry Springerish but nope I wasnt going to give them the satisfaction.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 10:01am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

i cant relate tbh.
all of my teachers adored me
sh*t, i yoked this girl up in 8th grade while teacher was out of the room and she heard the ruckus down the hall. she came back in and saw what happened, she just told me to go take a walk. She didnt even report it.

me too...

but my parents were also very involved and present at the school. I know for a fact that made a difference. 
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 10:08am
I feel like they should have been more specific in this article. 

The black girls in honor classes (or any other race) were never disruptive in any type of manner. The black girls in the "regular" classes caused the majority of the class room problems. A lot of this involved straight up bullying. That was just where I went to school though. 

Now, if there is even a shred of truth that black girls in schools are causing issues like this to such an extent (everywhere) then it needs to be resolved. No excuses should be made for poor behavior. Period.

You can't curse someone out all of the time because someone in authority "got an attitude" with you. Grow up. Not everyone is going to say what you like. These girls get coddled with suspensions and right ups to the point where they don't even care anymore. Then they go out into the world and cant hold a job because they want to "argue" on the job or with their boss....or worse, they pick up the phone when I call customer service. Then I have to deal with their rude self entitled asses. Cry

Make their asses do something productive like volunteering at a homeless shelter. Make them give back positive energy to counter the negative that they put out during school. 
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 10:13am

I think both are occurring

some have smart mouths/issues with authority and some are being targeted/not helped at the appropriate time

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style