Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Black Girls and School Discipline: Whats Going On
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair
 

Black Girls and School Discipline: Whats Going On

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123


Bootiful Cream



Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 07 2010
Location: US - Georgia
Status: Offline
Points: 30638
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 7:57am
I'm not understanding the vibe of this article. 

Yes, I absolutely do believe that black girls are treated much more harshly with regard to dress code, discipline, right ups etc than their white counterparts, BUT I've gone to all white schools and all black schools and I'm not going to sit and act like the black girls at my school did not cause the majority of the fights, confrontations, student -teacher issues and disruptions.....because they did. 

There needs to be less glorification in fighting. You can make your point without being disrespectful. I had a friend who was very out spoken, but her approach was rude. I constantly questioned teachers but I never got written up. There is a way and manner to handle everything. 

Also to be clear, the parents that read that article more than likely are not the parents of these kids who are acting up. 


Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 26 2007
Location: US - Illinois
Status: Offline
Points: 61292
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 8:31am
^^^I think the article is trying to address how they get to the point of acting out. Broken relationships, treated poorly, etc.
Back to Top
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 23 2012
Location: 3rd Rock
Status: Offline
Points: 79873
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 8:37am
My teachers always adored me. The one time that I was kicked out if the classroom by a substitute teacher, that same sub was fired. I've always been the "safe" negro even in the workforce. I like having YT think that they can't trust me, little do they know...
Back to Top
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 14 2009
Status: Online
Points: 55265
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 9:48am
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

I'm not understanding the vibe of this article. 

Yes, I absolutely do believe that black girls are treated much more harshly with regard to dress code, discipline, right ups etc than their white counterparts, BUT I've gone to all white schools and all black schools and I'm not going to sit and act like the black girls at my school did not cause the majority of the fights, confrontations, student -teacher issues and disruptions.....because they did

There needs to be less glorification in fighting. You can make your point without being disrespectful. I had a friend who was very out spoken, but her approach was rude. I constantly questioned teachers but I never got written up. There is a way and manner to handle everything. 

Also to be clear, the parents that read that article more than likely are not the parents of these kids who are acting up. 


I've noticed this at times
Back to Top
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 10 2011
Location: On My Throne
Status: Offline
Points: 84351
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 9:57am
Deranged yt girl had a meltdown cause my dear darling son wasnt thinking about her or that string bracelet she made him and went full crazy on him, this went on for weeks. When he finally had enough of Crazy Carrie they wanna call me

Phuck that unstable ho, the secretary told me this wasnt the first incident with her and demand that she be suspended since they tried to suspend him for grabbing her arms so she could not scratch him anymore

Needless to say crazy carrie spent 5 days thinking about keeping her hands to herself, they hope you will come up there and act all jerry Springerish but nope I wasnt going to give them the satisfaction.
Back to Top
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 01 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 36517
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 10:01am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

i cant relate tbh.
all of my teachers adored me
.
sh*t, i yoked this girl up in 8th grade while teacher was out of the room and she heard the ruckus down the hall. she came back in and saw what happened, she just told me to go take a walk. She didnt even report it.

me too...

but my parents were also very involved and present at the school. I know for a fact that made a difference. 
Back to Top
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 07 2010
Location: US - Georgia
Status: Offline
Points: 30638
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 10:08am
I feel like they should have been more specific in this article. 

The black girls in honor classes (or any other race) were never disruptive in any type of manner. The black girls in the "regular" classes caused the majority of the class room problems. A lot of this involved straight up bullying. That was just where I went to school though. 

Now, if there is even a shred of truth that black girls in schools are causing issues like this to such an extent (everywhere) then it needs to be resolved. No excuses should be made for poor behavior. Period.

You can't curse someone out all of the time because someone in authority "got an attitude" with you. Grow up. Not everyone is going to say what you like. These girls get coddled with suspensions and right ups to the point where they don't even care anymore. Then they go out into the world and cant hold a job because they want to "argue" on the job or with their boss....or worse, they pick up the phone when I call customer service. Then I have to deal with their rude self entitled asses. Cry

 Make their asses do something productive like volunteering at a homeless shelter. Make them give back positive energy to counter the negative that they put out during school. 
Back to Top
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 01 2006
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 36517
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 11:07am
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

I feel like they should have been more specific in this article. 

The black girls in honor classes (or any other race) were never disruptive in any type of manner. The black girls in the "regular" classes caused the majority of the class room problems. A lot of this involved straight up bullying. That was just where I went to school though. 

Now, if there is even a shred of truth that black girls in schools are causing issues like this to such an extent (everywhere) then it needs to be resolved. No excuses should be made for poor behavior. Period.

You can't curse someone out all of the time because someone in authority "got an attitude" with you. Grow up. Not everyone is going to say what you like. These girls get coddled with suspensions and right ups to the point where they don't even care anymore. Then they go out into the world and cant hold a job because they want to "argue" on the job or with their boss....or worse, they pick up the phone when I call customer service. Then I have to deal with their rude self entitled asses. Cry

 Make their asses do something productive like volunteering at a homeless shelter. Make them give back positive energy to counter the negative that they put out during school. 

alla dis.
Back to Top
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 29 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 119162
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

i cant relate tbh.
all of my teachers adored me
.
sh*t, i yoked this girl up in 8th grade while teacher was out of the room and she heard the ruckus down the hall. she came back in and saw what happened, she just told me to go take a walk. She didnt even report it.

me too...

but my parents were also very involved and present at the school. I know for a fact that made a difference. 

not so for me...
i can count on one hand with many fingers to spare the number of times my parents came to the school for anything....they were to busy cleaning up the behavioral messes my older siblings were making in school/life Sleepy
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down