Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Black Girls and School Discipline: Whats Going On
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Black Girls and School Discipline: Whats Going On

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 12:29am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by Im_oh_so_hott Im_oh_so_hott wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

The benefit of the doubt is always given to yt kids, especially yt girls. They are innocent and victims by default.Ermm

I remember some of my white friends parents thought i'd be the bad influence, while it was their daughters introducing me to pills and vodka in the girls bathroom.
Guuurl.

Their homes were where all the parties, drinking, drugs and fuggin took place at in middle school and high school.LOL

Yt girls especially are the Queens of Deception. 

I never really got in trouble at school but, there was one time in the 8th grade, the only black girl in class, about half way through the semester, my yt male teacher, stops in the middle of a math quiz we were taking and says....out loud..."Oh, I just realized that AZ is black! She black and I didn't know it!"

Really?!? SleepyErmm

I told my mother what happened and she wrote him the most seething letter...and asked him if he needed further clarification, she'll be up there to pay him a visit. He wound up profusely apologizing......

Mama didn't play....EmbarrassedLOLLOL 
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 2:50am
It's true.

There is a definite bias when it comes to discipline and students of color.

Especially for black children.

I can't count the number of times I received excessive punishment for minor infractions. Once I got sent to the principal's office for a girl NEXT to me yelling in an after school program. Despite me telling the teacher it wasn't me, he said "I don't care" and forced me.

It was especially insulting when one white teacher I had accused me multiple times in one school year of plagiarizing essays I wrote because they were too advanced. Never mind that I had all honors classes in middle school, I was 'too dumb' to write such quality work.

I remember even in high school, even with my AP classes, I was accused of cheating for being the only student to pass a test the entire class failed in a normal history class.

The bias is real.
The sad part is I wasn't even a bad student. Sure I'd have my indiscretions here and there, but othrwise, I was an eager kid who loved to learn.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 2:58am
Oh my god, I remember in elementary school, I got SUSPENDED for giving the teacher's assistant a DIRTY LOOK.

Meanwhile that dirty look was me SQUINTING from THE SUN BEING IN MY EYES because we had to wait in a single file line!

All the other kids had the same squinting face but on this black child, it was a dirty look.

They even had me write a letter to "apologize" to the TA.

Chai.. When I have children, I'm going to be the most overprotective parent. I'm not going to be restrictive of my children outside parental norms.. But I will damn well be restrictive of the school's conduct towards them!

My children will tell me what happened EVERY DAY in DETAIL so they will not become victims at an institution of education!
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 4:59am
Ah Midna, the usurper! Lol at squinty eyes. Just outrageous, the bias. Sad that the white children get the benefit of the doubt. Well unless you record your bullies and the school gets embarrassed. 
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 6:26am
I don't understand why we are still sending our kids to yt schools.

Find a homeschool coop with other black parents or a black-staffed prestigious school.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 6:29am
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

Find a homeschool coop with other black parents or a black-staffed prestigious school.

We fought real hard to go to "white schools".....which I heavily side-eye our ancestors for.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 6:30am
Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

Ah Midna, the usurper! Lol at squinty eyes. Just outrageous, the bias. Sad that the white children get the benefit of the doubt. Well unless you record your bullies and the school gets embarrassed. 

Nah, you'll get suspended for bringing an electronic device to school, invading the bully's privacy, and probably expelled for provoking and tormenting the bullies with the camera...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 6:33am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

We fought real hard to go to "white schools".....which I heavily side-eye our ancestors for.

Yeah, I'm sure they had better intentions...but I'm hindsight it's probably one of the most foolish things we could've fought for.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 6:40am
This brings back so many unpleasant memories of being in school.  I was a quiet kid.  Whenever other white kids would mess with me and I told the teacher, I was told to stop being a tattle-tale.  When I defended myself, I was the one that caused the problem.  A middle school principal threatened to suspend me because he believed a white girl's story that I punched her after she got mad at me when the truth was that we were just playing...and she told the principal several months after it had happened.  I was constantly singled out and being reprimanded for things I never even did.  When I entered middle school, I was in advanced classes and the teachers made sure my ass didn't last by offering as little support to me as possible.  
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2014 at 7:17am
Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

nope.  you'll be charged.  and that happened to a white kid so you know u gwan to jail.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic