Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Black girl Cant Braid Syndrome!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
kamareia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamareia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 12:16am
i really want to do cosmetology , but i cannot braid..Confused Im nervous bc thats the only career i see my self being comfortable in. will i learn how to braid in beauty school? Or do i have no chance of being a good cosmetologist if i cannot braid ? someone please help ! Thanks in advance (:
Sponsored Links

GoatGoatEtc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 4:01am
She shows you how to braid with yarn and then on human hair. Very clear and well done tut.

Edited by GoatGoatEtc. - Nov 28 2012 at 4:03am
TRENDIIVERSE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRENDIIVERSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:15am
I agree that you should do both! You can always do hair on the side,, but just in case you have a drag in clientele or something you'll always have the paralegal studies/experience in your corner as well. I believe you have to chase what you're passionate about even if it can't be your primary focus. I also agree that you can hire an assisstant to braid,,but you'll miss a bit of $$. Practice makes perfect,,you'll get it eventually.
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:39pm
Watch people braid carefully and try to emulate what they do...slowly. Even if you feel like you're doing the wrong thing. Cornrowing is basically like doing a single plait and adding more hair to it at each turn. I'm usually a fast learner but when it came to learning to cornrow, boy did I feel in over my head. I kept trying on peoples heads and did rubbish. People refused me to even touch their heads at one point! So I started practising on my own head. I could never do it. I would try once in a while and fail then one day I just did it right. Don't remember how.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:44pm
You didnt have hood friends growing up OP??? I feel there was always a hood friend that knew and taught all the girls everything while growing up. I'm remembering the days she use to make us practice on eachother and our moms will beat our arses becos the style we ended up with wasnt what we left the house with.
OP practice practice practice.
tamela10289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamela10289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 4:52pm

Having a " hood" friend, or just a friend has nothing to do with braiding. Some people just get it, some people don't. Then there's those that just takes them a while to. I don't know how to braid and there has always been someone around me growing up who knew how to braid. I wasn't into that sort of thing when I was younger, wish I would've. I think if I actually set some time aside and try I could get it. Op I think you should do what ever makes you happy. I think you should listen to some of these ladies on here and probably try watching YouTube vids, and buying a mannequin would be an excellent idea. Good luck
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 8:32pm
Do both because that vocation is not stable, well in where I live.
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2013 at 7:46am
I don't know how to braid. 

Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2013 at 8:00am
Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

You can always hire an assistant who braids.  Most of the stylists that I go to have braiders/assistants.  Also, you can learn to braid if you really wanted to. Just believe and practice.  Hairgirl203 is a stylist now and she has only been braiding for maybe a couple of years or a year.  Not sure... buy a mannequin and practice.  You'll get it in no time.

Yes I've seen that a lot they have one awesome braider who does all the braids at one natural hair salon i've gone to
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2013 at 8:01am
I'm in the same position as you, I honestly don't know what to do. I'm doing Computer Science just bc I need to stick with something and get my degree... Anywho I LOVEEE hair I love to flat iron peoples hair curl it I love to do my hair pretty I do color veryyy good
well a lot of people think that they are shocked when I tell them I do color myself and stuff
I wish I could do hair, my mom always tells me I should do hair on the side one day
But I don't know how to braid :((
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>