Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Black Female Professor Slammed to the Ground By Po
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black Female Professor Slammed to the Ground By Po

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Female Professor Slammed to the Ground By Po
    Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 8:27am
this makes me furious...Sleepy

An Arizona State University professor is facing felony charges after authorities allege she assaulted an offer during a confrontation with police. But newly released video of the incident has raised concerns about the officers’ behavior.

ASU police officer Stewart Ferrin claims he stopped Dr. Ersula Ore for illegally crossing the street. When he accosted the professor she pointed to nearby construction and informed officers that she crossed in the middle of the street because of the roadwork—like several others. Officer Ferrin then asked for her ID and threatened to arrest Ore if she didn’t produce it, that’s when things quickly escalated and the entire confrontation was caught on tape.

“I never once saw a single solitary individual get pulled over by a cop for walking across a street on a campus, in a campus location. Everybody has been doing this because it is all obstructed. That’s the reason why,” Ore told the officer. “But you stop me in the middle of the street to pull me over and ask me, ‘Do you know what this is? This is a street.’”

“Are you aware that this is a street?” the officer asked Ore.

“Let me finish,” she replied.

“OK, put your hands behind your back,” Officer Ferrin said.

After Ore refused to be handcuffed the situation got worse. Officer Ferrin slammed her to the ground, causing her dress to rise up and her body to be exposed. When he picked her up off the ground, her skirt was hiked up, and as the officer reached toward it, Ore kicked him.

Ore’s lawyer, Alane Roby, said the professor was acting in self-defense.

“She was exposed, told officer she was exposed,” Roby said. “Her dress was up; the officer was reaching toward her anatomy. She felt uncomfortable with hands going there.”

ASU released a statement saying the officers’ actions were justified.

“ASU authorities have reviewed the circumstances surrounding the arrest and have found no evidence of inappropriate actions by the ASUPD officers involved. Should such evidence be discovered, an additional, thorough inquiry will be conducted and appropriate actions taken.

“Because the underlying criminal charges are pending, there is not much more we can say at this time. The Maricopa County Attorney’s Office has reviewed all available evidence, including the police report, witness statements, and audio and video recordings of the incident, and decided to press criminal charges of assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest, refusing to provide identification when requested to do so by an officer, and obstructing a highway or public thoroughfare.”

Ore was arrested and charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, criminal damage, and obstructing a thoroughfare.

Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 8:33am
Thats disgusting bullshyt.....I hope he dies....
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 8:36am
her hair looks mad fly in that dash cam video.

no offense im not getting shot, tased, or punched in the throat over a police officer wanting to see my id in a rude manner, but im a coon.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 8:41am
If I'm in a crowd full is haloes and he asks for my ID and no one else's.....im not going.....fuk that.....and he was entirely to quick to arrest her.....wouldnt let her finish speaking.....and he was being unreasonable.....she didn't raise her voice and her tone wasn't disrespectful.....he made assumptions about her from jump.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 8:43am
fucc them but watch them get paid leave.
cvzx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote cvzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 8:46am
Beyond pissed, police are trained to defuse situations. How many ppl did he stop that did committed same infraction? Your arresting and charging someone with felony for a situation nof warranting that felon. If I was the minority students and I mean all minorities, I would be very active in getting this situation corrected. Hell even the majority needs to be active bc this arrest and situations was beyond dtupid. She had a Dr. Before her name why does he think she wouldn't try to discuss what's going on here.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 8:47am
And the producing ID shyt just reminds me of "papers"......and why need the id? You writing a ticket?
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 8:52am
^^^^^^^yup. errybody else was doing the same thing but they only stopped her to check her "papers".
iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 9:20am
Where's the petition?

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 9:34am
Motherf*cking disgusting.

I wouldn't even WAIT for the law to handle him--that's what relatives in the hood are for.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style