Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black Female Doctor Has Gone Missing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 7:09pm
why would a medical student be on a nursing sub forum
Sponsored Links

Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 7:18pm

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

wow
http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-discussion/seeing-psychiatrist-hurt-508459-page2.html

Is this her?
It's sad she was afraid to get help because of her career.

shes not the one asking for advice, she giving.  she switched the numbers around in her yt name. 
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

wow
http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-discussion/seeing-psychiatrist-hurt-508459-page2.html

i skimmed
why the wow

its probably not that interesting to youLOL
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 7:22pm

wow

i skimmed
why the wow

no, i didn't read the names/realize one might be her. 
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

I looked it up, she was stalking Marvin Sapp--the gospel singer. This is very sad, and I hope that she's found...but parents need to start being more honest about their kids.

Yeah even if she is mentally ill she still is missing and still needs help.

You're absolutely right...

But it's the difference between the kid who cuts himself and his parents admit to the doctor that he cuts himself.

Or the kid who cuts himself whose parents try to sweep it under the rug and pin it on the kid next door.

It's about being upfront with those who are making an effort to help. You have a support group dedicated to searching for this woman, don't simply say she was a doctor, a straight a student, and everything is peachy.

If she has a history mental illness, it is very relevant to this case and should've been disclosed from the start.

It just looks sketchy when you reach out for help and hide a detail that major.
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 12:24pm
Reports are saying she was mentally ill and stalking Marvin Sapp.

From Black and Missing:

"Not sure how true this article is, but since it's the latest update, I will post: 

Teleka Patrick, a missing Kalamazoo-based medical resident, was stalking gospel singer Marvin Sapp prior to her disappearance, according to a Grand Rapids news station.

WOOD-TV reported late Thursday that Sapp filed for a personal protection order in Kent County in September. In the court filing, Sapp stated that Patrick, 30, had been referring to him as her husband and had moved from California to western Michigan to join his church, the Lighthouse Full Light Center Church in Grand Rapids.

Her family had previously stated that she decided to attend Western Michigan University for its residential psychiatry program.

Sapp said Patrick had contacted his three children and had been to his home, and that he had “over 400 page(s) of correspondence from her to which I have never responded.” He added that Patrick’s stalking had gone on for at least a year prior to her moving to Michigan.

“Throughout my career, my family and I have fallen victim to inappropriate attempts to contact me by several unknown individuals,” Sapp said in a statement to the TV station Thursday. “As a father of three and pastor of one of the largest congregations in west Michigan, I cannot take this kind of obsessive attention lightly. Given these previous acts, I have taken several security measures, which have included obtaining a protective order to ensure our safety.”

Sapp could not be reached for comment.

Patrick was last seen Dec. 5 in the parking lot of Borgess Medical Center in Kalamazoo by a shuttle driver with the Radisson Hotel. Her car was found later that evening, nearly 100 miles away in a ditch off I-94 near Porter, Ind.

In a statement Thursday, Patrick’s family said they had been advised by the Kalamazoo Sheriff’s Department that information regarding the protection order could impede investigations.

“We’ve been asked not to speculate or comment about it. We encourage anyone to contact the Kalamazoo department,” said Kimberly Eddings, Patrick’s cousin. “It was mentioned so that there was no misunderstanding that the family was trying to hide anything. We don’t want Teleka to become one of the forgotten. People go missing every day; there are all sorts of crimes being committed.”

Patrick’s former husband, Ismael Calderon, also told the Grand Rapids TV station Wednesday that it was possible she had a serious mental condition and could be in danger.

“(Patrick) started to have delusions, paranoia; she started to hear voices,” Calderon said. “Maybe the voices that she heard wasn’t God. Maybe the voices she heard pointed to a serious condition.”

Calderon could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Calderon was married to Patrick from 2006 to 2011, and after their marriage ended, the two did not stay in contact but were not on bad terms, private investigator Carl Clatterbuck said.

Calderon has not been questioned by Indiana State Police or the Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Office, according to police.

Patrick’s sister, 27-year-old social worker Tenesha Patrick, said she was unaware of any mental diagnoses Teleka may have had but appreciated Calderon coming forward. She has been following the case from her home in Cambridge, Mass.

Tensha Patrick was disappointed to hear that investigators had not interviewed Calderon.

“I know that his name was given to detectives. ... He wasn’t interviewed, and that’s definitely unfortunate,” Tenesha Patrick said. “He felt he needed to bring his perspective to the story. We’re definitely thankful that he shared this perspective and vocalized that.”

Tenesha Patrick added that Calderon had never voiced concern about Teleka Patrick’s mental state throughout the marriage.

Kalamazoo and Indiana State Police said that they are still investigating but have no updates on the case.

SOURCE: http://www.freep.com/article/20140102/NEWS06/301020113/Teleka-Patrick-ex-husband"

I honestly think whoever she was talking about in those videos just does not exist. I really hope she's found safe. It's scary to think a medical professional was treating others when she herself may have had a mental disorder. 
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 12:27pm
It's crazy how a person can be that far gone and still complete medical school.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 12:29pm
^^ I'm saying! And no one noticed?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 12:33pm

wow

i skimmed
why the wow

no, i didn't read the names/realize one might be her. 

Yeah what's her screenname????
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair