Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Black fashion student says Hasidic men attacked hi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black fashion student says Hasidic men attacked hi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black fashion student says Hasidic men attacked hi
    Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 2:45pm

Black fashion student says Hasidic men attacked him, shouted anti-gay slurs in Williamsburg

'He told me to ‘stay down, f----t, stay the f--- down.' ' - Taj Patterson, a New York City College of Technology student, says more that a dozen ultra-Orthodox Jewish men brutalized him on Flushing Ave.

Comments (198)

BY WILL HUNTSBERRY AVERI HARPER AND CORINNE LESTCH / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

< border="0" ="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" ="0" ="0" width="100%" id="I0_1386708254515" name="I0_1386708254515" ="https://apis.google.com/_/+1/fast?usegapi=1&bsv=o&size=medium&annotation=none&width=&hl=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com%2Fnew-york%2Fbrooklyn%2Fblack-student-hasidic-men-attacked-williamsburg-article-1.1542946&g=3p&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en_US.BWfrN5XqJ5E.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DIQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTN2Xj4KgebcbojK3Y6qmnMeOnit3w#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_%2C_%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2Cd%2Ce%2C&id=I0_1386708254515&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com&pfname=&rpctoken=61609289" -gapiattached="true" title="+1" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-style: none; outline: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-size: 10px; vertical-align: line; width: 32px; : none; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; -: none; : static; top: 0px; left: 0px; visibility: ; height: 20px;">
Print
SHARE THIS URL:< id="bitly_copy_" allowtransparency="true" border="0" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; outline: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: line; width: 238px; height: 30px; overflow: ; visibility: ;">
Taj Patterson was allegedly assaulted in Williamsburg. Its being investigated as a hate crime. -- Family Handout

Taj Patterson was allegedly assaulted by a group of Hasidic men in Williamsburg.

A black fashion student says he was brutally attacked by a gang of Hasidic men who shouted anti-gay slurs at him while he was walking through Williamsburg after a night of partying, the Daily News has learned.

Taj Patterson, 22, was headed home to Fort Greene around 4:30 a.m. on Dec. 1 when he says more than a dozen ultra-Orthodox Jewish men began assaulting him on Flushing Ave. and yelling, “Stay down, f----t!”

RELATED: NYPD MAP REVEALS CITY'S MOST DANGEROUS AREAS

“I’m walking down some block by myself and then the next thing I know, I’m surrounded by a group of Hasidic Jewish men and they’re attacking me,” Patterson said. “I was alone. I was an easy target. I’m black. I’m gay, a whole slew of reasons.”

Patterson was left with a broken eye socket, a torn retina, blood clotting, and cuts and bruises to his knee and ankles. He was rushed to Woodhull Hospital for treatment.

Patterson was left with a broken eye socket, a torn retina, blood clotting, and cuts and bruises to his knee and ankles. He was rushed to Woodhull Hospital for treatment.

The New York City College of Technology student left for a fun night out with friends, and returned with a broken eye socket, a torn retina, blood clotting, and cuts and bruises to his knee and ankles.

RELATED: SICKO WHO SEXUALLY ABUSED GIRL SENTENCED TO 32 YEARS IN JAIL

He was rushed to Woodhull Hospital and is expected to undergo surgery to reattach his retina.

The NYPD confirmed Monday night that the hate crimes unit is investigating the assault.

The NYPD is investigating the incident as a hate crime.

The NYPD is investigating the incident as a hate crime.

RELATED: WAITRESS WHO DOCTORED RECEIPT LEAVES JOB

Patterson was “highly intoxicated, uncooperative and incoherent,” after the assault, according to a police complaint — but he remembers the ringleader.

“There was a crowd around him, cheering him on and getting him rowdy, and he would grab me and push me against the wall,” Patterson said.

RELATED: ELTON JOHN SLAMS RUSSIAN ANTI-GAY LAWS

I was alone. I was an easy target. I’m black. I’m gay, a whole slew of reasons.

'I was alone. I was an easy target. I’m black. I’m gay, a whole slew of reasons.'

While the instigator was kicking him in the face, “he told me to ‘stay down, f----t, stay the f--- down,’ ” Patterson recalled. “And that’s really all I can remember of that.”

Evelyn Keys, an MTA bus driver, was rounding the corner of Flushing Ave. and Spencer St. when she saw the horrific attack unfold before her eyes.

“I get out of the bus and all these men were standing up straight around him,” says Keys. “Taj is laying down on his back. I went up to him and he was in so much pain. He says, ‘I can’t see . . . I can’t breathe.’ ”

Patterson’s mother, Zahra Patterson, 52, said she now fears for her son’s safety.

“I mean, we’ve been living in this community for close to 30 years, so you’re telling me my son can’t walk there anymore?” she said. “You cannot attack people walking down the street.”

With Mark Morales

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/black-student-hasidic-men-attacked-williamsburg-article-1.1542946#ixzz2n6gxJTmd
Sponsored Links

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 3:23pm
I was getting into the shower when I heard this last night... I don't remember exactly who said it, some (jewish?) man said its unlike them to do this.

That bothered me cause if it were the other way around they wouldn't hesitate to believe we beat him
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 3:24pm
So the Jewish begun to move...
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 3:39pm
Jesus Christ... Will he see again from that eye? That beating was BRUTAL! Please tell me someone caught the whole thing on tape.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

I was getting into the shower when I heard this last night... I don't remember exactly who said it, some (jewish?) man said its unlike them to do this.

That bothered me cause if it were the other way around they wouldn't hesitate to believe we beat him

What outlet did you hear this from? I guess that story could not be suppressed...
GG View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 3:49pm
What was their purpose for this? Would people rather the Brooklyn riots all over again?
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

What outlet did you hear this from? I guess that story could not be suppressed...

I thanked you.. An assemblyman said it which is why it stood out even in my haste, made it seem so official.. fool

Found it for you. I was watching the singoff and it came on after. Sorry not clickable

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Williamsburg-Gang-Assault-Orthodox-Brooklyn-Broken-Eye-Socket-235165601.html?partner=nbcnews
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 4:12pm
dp

Edited by Ming - Dec 10 2013 at 4:13pm
SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 4:15pm

Wait he was walking home at 4:30am?

What neighborhood is this? 

I hope he recovers without any long term effects. That is a sin and a shame.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2013 at 10:48am
Ain't this some bullshyt...
Dov Hikind: Hasidic Jews Attacking A Black, Gay Man 'Sounds So Out Of Character'

A 22-year-old black, gay man was left with a broken eye socket and torn retina after more than a dozen men violently attacked him in Williamsburg earlier this month, NBC New York reports.

Taj Patterson, a fashion student, said the men wore clothes typically worn by Hasidic Jews and allegedly shouted anti-gay slurs during the assault.

“I’m walking down some block by myself and then the next thing I know, I’m surrounded by a group of Hasidic Jewish men and they’re attacking me,” Patterson told The Daily News. “I was alone. I was an easy target. I’m black. I’m gay, a whole slew of reasons.”

Reports also indicate that Patterson was intoxicated at the time of the attack.

As of this time, no suspects have been identified, but the NYPD said the alleged attack was being investigated as a hate crime.

Dov Hikind, the same New York state assemblyman who wore blackface to a Purim party earlier this year, is dismissing Patterson's accusations as "bizarre" even though "something clearly happened" to him.

Hikind said such violent behavior "sounds so out of character" for Orthodox Jews.

The assemblyman has, however, recently raised alarm over a series of alleged "knockout" attacks by blacks targeting Jews in Brooklyn.

"It so happens that literally almost every single victim in New York has been Jewish and almost every single perpetrator has been black," he told Fox News. "It's not my job to say is it racial or not. At this point, it hardly matters."
On Tuesday City Councilwoman-elect Laurie Cumbo apologized for comments she made last week in which she said "knockout" attacks could be caused by black Brooklyn residents' resentment of Jewish residents' "success."
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic