BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Black Dolls? White Dolls?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 8:02pm
My daughter had a black and white doll when she was little. The only white dolls she have now are the disney princesses because she wanted a dollset with every disney princess. She is into monster high now so the dolls have blue, purple, green faces
Sponsored Links

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 8:03pm
i wont be giving my kids any dolls... they steeeel freak me out and i dont want them in my house
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by newin2009 newin2009 wrote:

Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

i would ask her why it's her favorite doll

If her reasons are not racism, propaganda or inferiority/superiority etc driven, then I'd leave it alone

I would've asked the white lady why a white doll for a black child in a light easy manner just to see what her reaction was

I asked her the other day why the doll is her favorite. She says because she has a bottle and pink clothes. My daughter's favorite color is pink. I also asked her how is the doll different from her other dolls, and said its because this "baby" is small and soft and has a headband. My daughter does understand that she has brown skin, but she doesn't really understand the concept of different races. When I asked her what color the doll was, she said pink.

In that case I'd leave her be with the doll and let her enjoy it since it's for the right reasons 

whitrhymes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 11:32pm
Nope, when I have a daughter her dolls will be black. My dolls were black... Remember those Kenya dolls? Those were my fav growing up!
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I prolly would have felt some kind of way too if she would have bought my kid a black doll. "Why it gotta be black?"

LOL I thought this for a quick second

SANG, JONES, and JAM, please don't ruin your kids lives. Get them dolls Ouch

I wonder what color dolls my mama will get my kids
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 12:27am
Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

my daughter has one white barbie. i wont accept anymore white or mixed barbies or white baby dolls. i remember that thread about changing a blk barbie's hair to natural hair. i need to do that.

ETA: my daughter is 2. i just want her to see her own beauty before accepting anyone else's. unlike my childhood.
I can't wait to try this.Tongue

But yeah, no yt dolls. They will have plenty of time to get inundated with yt beauty images their entire lives.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 1:23am
my Crissy doll. I wish I still had her Cry

http://www.tsakistoybox.com/catalog/crissy/second_issue_black_crissy.jpg

http://dollreference.com/images/ideal_crissy_bk1970.jpg

Edited by PurplePhase - Jul 31 2014 at 1:25am
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 1:48am
I only had white dolls growing up--barbie, cindy (she ain't nothing but a cheap knock-offLOL) and "dolly"...she had a huge plastic head and cloth body

I used to take my dolls apart and just play with the legs and stuff lol

if I have a girl and she's into dolls, they'd only be brown/black like these

you can style her hair...I remember asking my mum to do plait barbies hair like mine was and she couldn'tLOL

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 2:21am
omg she's so cute^
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 3:02am
Awwe those dolls are too cute

chrissy slangin that 30 inches yess boo werk
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair