Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 6:18pm
Sponsored Links

Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 6:28pm
OMG. So Many of Em....
I Loved to Hate her in "Lean on Me".

On March 12, 2003, actress Lynn Thigpen (above) was found dead at her home in Marina del Rey, California, by a friend; she had died of a cerebral hemorrhage at the age of 54. She had been complaining of headaches for several days. She had not been seriously ill, and her death was a surprise and shock. Drugs and foul play were ruled out by the coroner's autopsy, which found "acute cardiac dysfunction, non-traumatic systemic and spontaneous intraventricular hemorrhage and hemorrhage in the brain".

When Thigpen died, The District had a funeral for her character as well. (The show was canceled a short time later, but can be seen in reruns on the USA and A&E networks.) Her untimely death also led to the three-year hiatus of "Bear in the Big Blue House."

The film "Anger Management" (2003) starring Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson is dedicated to her memory.

An elementary school in her hometown is named in her memory.

indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 6:43pm
wow...

Actress Shirley Hemphill (pictured above) appeared in the 70's sitcom "What's Happening."  She died in 1999 from kidney failure. She was 50.  It was nearly two weeks before her body was discovered in her home.

Wylie Draper, the actor who portrayed Michael Jackson in the mini-series, "The Jacksons: An American Dream," died a year after the program aired.  Draper died from a rare form of leukemia.

sweet daddy from good times..i watch good times dvds often

Theodore "Teddy" Wilson (pictured on the bottom half of the above photo with the mustache) was an character actor best known for his recurring role as Sweet Daddy Williams on the CBS sitcom Good Times from 1976 until 1979.  Wilson also played the role of Al Dunbar in a popular two-part episode of the 1970s sitcom What's Happening!!. In the conclusion of the two-parter, Wilson's character gets arrested for bootlegging a Doobie Brothers concert. Wilson was married to actress Joan Pringle.  He died from AIDS-related complications on July 21, 1991 at the age of 47 in Los Angeles, California.

in the heat of the night, i loved that show

Howard Rollins was nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Daytime Drama Series for his role on Another World. Rollins was also nominated for the 1981 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in the motion picture, Ragtime. In 1984, he starred in director Norman Jewison's film, A Soldier's Story which led to his role as "Virgil Tibbs" on the In the Heat of the Night television series based on Jewison's acclaimed motion picture of the same name.  In 1993, Rollins spent about a month in jail for driving under the influence and reckless driving.  Because of continued legal problems, Rollins was ultimately dropped from In the Heat of the Night and was replaced by Carl Weathers.  Rollins was invited back as a guest star on several episodes in the seventh season, but further legal problems led to his being totally banned from the county where the series was filmed.  During this time, Rollins changed his appearance and appeared on a talk show in feminine looking clothes.  Rollins died in 1996 after complications from AIDS-related lymphoma and was interred in the Woodlawn Cemetery in his native Baltimore.  He had been diagnosed with the condition approximately six weeks earlier. 

Paul Edward Winfield (May 22, 1939–March 7, 2004) was an Academy Award-nominated television and film actor.  Winfield was openly gay in his private life, but remained discreet about it in the public eye.  He was best known for his portrayal of a Louisiana sharecropper who struggles to support his family during the Great Depression in the landmark film "Sounder," and as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in the television miniseries "King."  Winfield also narrated the show "City Confidential," on the A&E channel.  Winfield died of a heart attack in 2004; he was 64.  His long-time partner of 30 years, architect Charles Gillan Jr., preceded him in death in 2002.

Fred "Rerun" Berry was an actor best known for the role of Fred "Rerun" Stubbs on the popular 1970s television show What's Happening!! During the 1980s, Berry battled drug addiction and alcoholism. He revived the character of Rerun in the series What's Happening Now!!, but would only be on that show for 1 year. During the 1990s he became a Baptist minister and lost 100 pounds after being diagnosed with diabetes. He was married six times to four different women. Berry came off as jovial and humorous but over the years I have heard numerous stories of brutal domestic abuse towards his ex-wives.  Allegedly, that's why none of his six marriages lasted.  At one time, he was rumored to be involved with singer Toni Basil (Mickey). Berry died in 2003 at his Los Angeles home where he was recovering from a stroke. He was 52.

wow, i know a lot of black celebs from here...

indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 6:44pm
Lionel!!! i wondered wtf happened to him....wow...awwwww

Michael Jonas Evans (November 3, 1949 – December 14, 2006) (usually credited as Mike Evans), was an actor and co-creator of the show "Good Times," with Eric Monte (Ralph Carter's character Michael Evans was named after him).

Evans was born in Salisbury, North Carolina.  His father, Theodore Evans Sr., was a dentist, and his mother, Annie Sue Evans, was a school teacher. His family later moved to Los Angeles, where he graduated from Los Angeles High School. He later studied acting at Los Angeles City College.

Evans is most famous for creating the recurring role of Lionel Jefferson on All in the Family and was the first (and eventually final) actor to play Lionel on the spin-off The Jeffersons. He played Lionel on The Jeffersons for much of its 11-year run, with the majority of his appearances occurring from 1979-1983. Opera singer/actor Damon Evans played the role for a few years of The Jeffersons, as Michael was occupied in the production of Good Times. He returned after Good Times was cancelled in 1979.

His last TV role was in 2000, on an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger. Evans was also a real estate investor and owned properties in California's Inland Empire.

As the original Lionel, his absence was noticed at a Sherman Hemsley TV Land special, which aired in July 2006. Most of the other surviving Jeffersons cast members were present, as well as Sally Struthers and the cast of "Amen."

Evans died of throat cancer at his mother's home in Twentynine Palms, California at the age of 57. The announcement of his death was not released until a week later.

indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 6:49pm
how depressing
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 6:51pm

Michelle Thomas 29, 1969-1998. She played Myra on "Family Matters." Thomas died of stomach cancer in 1998.   Thomas' father is one of the original members of Kool & The Gang and she once dated actor Malcolm Jamal Warner.

Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 7:00pm
Howard Rollins was sooo talented...it was hurtful watching him deteriorate.  When he did soldier's story then Heat of the Nite, it looked like he was about to turn really big, then he just let it slip away with crap.  Sad.

I loved me some Paul Winfield, too!  He played sooo many parts!  I loved his last series city confidental.  What a voice.
talkalotgirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 7:07pm
wow 
jaszymeen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 7:08pm
i had ran across a website like this before and was shocked at some of the people on there. it's sad nobody really made a mention of them.
GoodKarma4me View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2009 at 7:15pm
Its unfortunate that alot of these entertainers died so young, and some not all died of Aids.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic