Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Black Angels

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Angels
    Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 11:49am
****Jacked from another site****

What do you think of this? Smile

I was once asked by my oldest daughter when she was younger, if there were any black angels. We were at an art exhibit showcasing angels throughout the eras. Boy, was I taken for a loop! That began my quest to scour all things related to angels of color. But now this is my explanation.

People are self-centered (meaning, they imagine anything better than them has to look like themselves, only without the flaws they can recognize in themselves and others like them). There are no black angels only because you don't conceive of them that way. If you were to write the bible, you might put a few in, or maybe even make most of them black, but the person that wrote this stuff usually had their own self-aggrandizing ego, and it shows up in ways that they didn't even know would be noticed. The only reason you noticed is because you probably aren't part of the group who's culture wrote this stuff. 

The technical answer is anthropomorphism. People make their gods look like them. Have you ever noticed how Jesus looks nothing like anyone Hitler would have tried to put to death?

As John Henrik Clarke once said "My main point here is that if you are the child of God and God is a part of you, then in your imagination God suppose to look like you. And when you accept a picture of the deity assigned to you by another people, you become the spiritual prisoners of that other people." We need to release ourselves from the bondage of the past.

"If horses had gods, they would look like horses." 

Edited by Az~Maverick - Aug 24 2013 at 1:54pm
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 12:00pm
I Collect Black Angels . We purchase the picture below for our daughter . My china cabinet is full of black Angels.Embarrassed .

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I Collect Black Angels . We purchase the picture below for our daughter . My china cabinet is full of black Angels.Embarrassed .

I used to collect them from this store around my house until they closed down, I love mine  as well! Heart
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 1:44pm
I had a nice long response and BHM ate it upSleepy

Anyway, the technical answer is not
anthropomorphism, but Iconoclasm. Prior to The Renaissance Era with the rise of Da Vincci and them other homo's, all of the images surrounding the GOD of the bible (including Christ, the prophets and others) were dark skinned people. Don't forget our people were EVERYWHERE not just situated in Africa. And we def was running around naked, swinging on vines and being savages like white people like to have us believe...

These are prior to the 1400's:

Baby "jesus" sporting his froLOL

Peep how the angel's faces are scratched outGeek:

Look at the new and remastered versionErmm Looks like homeboy been bleaching...

King James:

There are a ton of books on this stuff (and super expensive might I add). The point I'm trying to make is that once the caucasoids came into power, they destroyed our images and made them lighter. One key element in re-writing history is changing the images as well.

Also remember the scriptures says that Christ was so dark he looked like he burned in a furnace and has white wooly hair. In Daniels 7 9:10 it says that GOD has wooly hair.

If I found out that the Creator and the greatest man that ever walked the earth looked nothing like me, I'd be mad and start changing paintings too. Especially if I'm the wicked demon that's ruling over the very people who share the same resemblance.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2013 at 1:52pm
@ Blaquefoxx: Very interesting indeed & thanks for sharing! Thumbs Up

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 2:18pm
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2013 at 2:19pm
GurrrrrllllllllLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply