Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Black 17-Y-O Accepted by All 8 Ivy League Colleges
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Black 17-Y-O Accepted by All 8 Ivy League Colleges

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsBMW View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MsBMW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

it's 2014 and so many still worship whites

it's disgusting and the people that do it are trash

WE messed up in the head...so sad
Sponsored Links

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

I think both boys should go to Yale.  black people I know who have gone there tend to like it.  My hs boyfriend cried when he didn't get into Yale.

Does Yale offer loan free financial aid yet like Harvard? That might play into the decision as well for the DC kid.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

I think both boys should go to Yale.  black people I know who have gone there tend to like it.  My hs boyfriend cried when he didn't get into Yale.

Does Yale offer loan free financial aid yet like Harvard? That might play into the decision as well for the DC kid.

I THINK so. Not 100% certain.
And these are good institutions I don't think it has anything to do w/whiteness and it's rare for ANYONE to be accepted into every single Ivy League, black or white.  And I love HU but the resources and facilities available to me while there are very different from those available to me at a PWI.  I don't begrudge HU for that at all, but it is what it is.
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 12:27pm
Kudos to both of them.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:20pm
congrats to both of them. 

I would imagine they are spending a lot of time talking to department chairs and current students of the whatever  major they want to study. 
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 1:26pm
That's great. I wonder if he applied to any other schools like Stanford or Northwestern.

I bet the valedictorian is salty
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 3:17pm

Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

meanwhile in DC, 
a typical african american kid?

D.C. High Schooler Accepted Into Five Ivy League Schools

yes, he was only accepted to 5

Only? How many blacks, asians or whites get accepted to 5? It is not often, gifted kids are the minority, regardless of race.
The comment "not your typical black" rubbed me the wrong way, like blacks are unintelligent, as it was a walk in the park for whites to get accepted to even ONE Ivy League.

Both teenagers are intelligent and gifted, regardless of their background. It is not where you are from or where your parents are from, but what you do. The one accepted in five Ivy Leagues was the son of a poor single mom, and the one accepted by 8 was the son of doctors who now work as nurses, so both had a different backgrounds, different life situations, yet they both achieved something that is quite difficult for kids of any race.

And I don't see anything wrong with him choosing an Ivy League over a black university.

sigh

sarcasm is wasted on the internet

get out your feelings

not my feelings, i replied to what you wrote and continued on what i was going to write about anyways.
but i did not noticed the sarcasm at first thoughOuch
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by MsBMW MsBMW wrote:

it's 2014 and so many still worship whites

it's disgusting and the people that do it are trash

WE messed up in the head...so sad

Can you guys elaborate on that?
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 3:28am
This is why I roll my eyes every time white folks bring up "black" crime stats... they bitch and moan about Black people not doing well and then they still bitch and moan when black people do well

These Reddit Users Can't Get How A Black Student Got Into All 8 Ivy League Schools

The Huffington Post  | by  Emily Thomas
Posted: Updated:
Print Article
KWASI

Earlier this week the Internet met Kwasi Enin, a student who got accepted into all eight Ivy League universities. It’s an impressive feat for any student to accomplish; however, some commenters on Reddit are claiming the 17-year-old student from Long Island, N.Y., didn’t get accepted based on his merit alone.

In a racially fueled Reddit thread centered around Enin’s story, many users embroiled by his sweeping acceptance run say he only got in because of his race.

According to information compiled from USA Today and CNN, Enin scored a 2250 (out of 2400) on his SAT and placed in the 98th percentile of all students. He ranks 11th in his high school class of 647, and he has taken 11 Advanced Placement classes. He volunteers at Stony Brook University Hospital's radiology department, and he sings in his school's a cappella group. He throws shot put and discus for the track and field team, and he consistently lands lead roles in school plays.

Despite the impressive resume, some don’t think it was enough for his 8/8 acceptance rate. Here are a smattering of some of the racially charged Reddit rants in reaction to Enin’s accomplishment:

jonesrr2

usmcplz

hairless

Thankfully, others quickly came to Enin's defense:

coolboobs69

drawlinnn

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2014 at 8:51am

what did I tell you all

do well and ignore them....that is how you really piss them off
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style