Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Black 17-Y-O Accepted by All 8 Ivy League Colleges
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Black 17-Y-O Accepted by All 8 Ivy League Colleges

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black 17-Y-O Accepted by All 8 Ivy League Colleges
    Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 4:39am

17-Y-O High School Student Kwasi Enin Gets Accepted by All 8 Ivy League Colleges in Rare Feat; Looks Like He'll Be Choosing Yale

< border="0" ="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" ="0" ="0" width="100%" id="I0_1396431307415" name="I0_1396431307415" ="https://apis.google.com/_/+1/fast?usegapi=1&size=medium&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.christianpost.com&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.christianpost.com%2Fnews%2F17-y-o-high-school-student-kwasi-enin-gets-accepted-by-all-8-ivy-league-colleges-in-rare-feat-looks-like-hell-be-choosing-yale-117203%2F&g=3p&ic=1&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en.d8_YriUi4KE.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DAQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Fz%3Dzcms%2Frs%3DAItRSTMHJLtVLi2NF3VKz1Egz6FT4P8WJQ#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_%2C_%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2Cd%2Ce&id=I0_1396431307415&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.christianpost.com&pfname=&rpctoken=41860698" -gapiattached="true" title="+1" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; transition: all 0.3s ease 0s; -webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease 0s; : static; top: 0px; width: 90px; border-style: none; left: 0px; visibility: ; height: 20px;">
< id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" border="0" allowtransparency="true" ="http://plat.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_.1395870373.#_=1396431308375&count=horizontal&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.christianpost.com%2Fnews%2F17-y-o-high-school-student-kwasi-enin-gets-accepted-by-all-8-ivy-league-colleges-in-rare-feat-looks-like-hell-be-choosing-yale-117203%2F&size=m&text=17-Y-O%20High%20School%20Student%20Kwasi%20Enin%20Gets%20Accepted%20by%20All%208%20Ivy%20League%20Colleges%20in%20Rare%20Feat%3B%20Looks%20Like%20He'll%20Be%20Choosing%20Yale&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.christianpost.com%2Fnews%2F17-y-o-high-school-student-kwasi-enin-gets-accepted-by-all-8-ivy-league-colleges-in-rare-feat-looks-like-hell-be-choosing-yale-117203%2F" ="twitter-share- twitter-tweet- twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter Tweet " -twttr-rendered="true" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; transition: all 0.3s ease 0s; -webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease 0s; width: 110px; height: 20px;">
BY LEONARDO BLAIR , CP REPORTER
April 1, 2014|2:17 pm
Kwasi Enin(PHOTO: SCREEN GRAB VIA YOUTUBE/THE FIIIX)

Kwasi Enin, a 17-year-old high school senior from Shirley, N.Y. has been accepted into all eight Ivy League universities and he thinks he might be choosing Yale.

In an extremely rare feat, according to college counselors, Kwasi Enin, a 17-year-old first-generation American from Shirley, N.Y., has been accepted to all eight elite Ivy League universities and he is receiving praise from across the United States.

"Congratulations to Kwesi Enin on being accepted to all eight of the Ivy League universities!" noted Gospel star Yolanda Adams in a post on her Facebook page Tuesday.

College counselors told USA Today that the feat is so rare among college applicants that very few dare to apply to all eight because they look for different qualities in their freshman class. Almost none are invited to attend all of them.

But Kwasi, whose parents both studied medicine and now work as nurses after emigrating from Ghana in the 1980s, achieved the rare welcome from them all: Yale, Harvard, Princeton, Columbia, Dartmouth, Brown, Cornell and the University of Pennsylvania.

Nancy Winkler, a guidance counselor at William Floyd High School, where Kwasi is a student said she has never seen anything like his achievement in her 29 years as a counselor.

"My heart skipped a beat when he told me he was applying to all eight," she said. "It's a big deal when we have students apply to one or two Ivies. To get into one or two is huge. It was extraordinary."

YouTube/TheFiiix

Kwasi scored 2,250 out of a possible 2,400 points on the SAT and is ranked No. 11 in a class of 647 at William Floyd, a large public school on Long Island's south shore.

And the musician who sings in the school's a capella group and volunteers in the radiology department at Stony Brook University Hospital is expected to complete 11 Advanced Placement courses by the time he graduates this spring.

In a Newsday interview posted on YouTube Tuesday, Kwesi explained that getting accepted by all eight elite colleges wasn't his intention, but he is happy about it.

"I simply thought I would apply to all eight, I know it's crazy. I was hoping I'd get one or two, and they all came and I said there's no way," he said, expressing his shock.

"And then I quickly [felt] pride, appreciation and thankfulness for everyone who helped you in the whole process. From the ones that gave you the idea to [those who] helped you with your essays to all your teachers…and family, parents, for all the support they do," he continued.

And which one of the coveted schools will he choose to study medicine and music? Kwasi says Yale more closely matches what he is looking for in a college.

"I think my preference is Yale," he said. "They seem to embody all the kind of things I want in college. The family, the wonderful education, the amazing diverse students and financial aid, as well. I think Yale has all that for me right now. It's tough to compare all these wonderful schools," he ended.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/17-y-o-high-school-student-kwasi-enin-gets-accepted-by-all-8-ivy-league-colleges-in-rare-feat-looks-like-hell-be-choosing-yale-117203/

Sponsored Links

cvzx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote cvzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 4:44am
wow! His parents must be so happy. Based on the article he seems pretty focused 11 ap classes during his senior yr. My senior yr I had finished most required classes so I was in vacation mode/last year of high school.

Edited by cvzx - Apr 02 2014 at 4:46am
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 4:55am
HeartClap
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 6:36am
now thats some beautifully dope sh*t
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 6:56am
is he african?
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:03am
I always feel some type of way about these kinds of threads. 
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:08am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

is he african?
yep..ghanaian (descent)
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:27am
Why Sang? Are u filing this under "look he did it why can't u?", "look we 'let' this one thru", "he's not AA so this is expected" or "how come this powerful black mind didn't apply to an HBCU?"

What it is?
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:28am
Clap Great accomplishment
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 7:32am
I still bet most black women wouldn't date him because he doesn't got swag and isn't thuggin...

But congrats on this brother, you're so lucky to be African and intelligent that is the difference between AA women and African women. One chooses outside and the other chooses the inside.

Edited by iliveforbhm - Apr 02 2014 at 7:32am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>