FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Birkin Bags---or expensive Bags Period.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
NailtechDC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NailtechDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Birkin Bags---or expensive Bags Period.
    Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:20pm
Ok so which one of you owns a birkin bag?  I know there has to be at least one. 

I just want to know is it worth the price or are you really just paying for the "Name"

The most I've paid for a bag is $400 and it didn't last long.  I guess I'm hard on bags just like I'm hard on shoes.  Some of the stitching is coming out of the leather and I still wear that bad boy cause it cost $400.  Still a beautiful bag, but I guess i expected a little more for that price.

Can you guys name some bags that In your opinion are worth every bit of the price.
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:48pm
there was a member here who now ones birkins.
she no longer posts 
she says the craftsmanship is superior to all bags that she has owed...and she is someone who only owns luxury bags. she says the leather is superior.

however, that is quite a jump from a $400 to a $12k bag. are you ready for that.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 30 2012 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by NailtechDC NailtechDC wrote:

Ok so which one of you owns a birkin bag?  I know there has to be at least one. 

I just want to know is it worth the price or are you really just paying for the "Name"

The most I've paid for a bag is $400 and it didn't last long.  I guess I'm hard on bags just like I'm hard on shoes.  Some of the stitching is coming out of the leather and I still wear that bad boy cause it cost $400.  Still a beautiful bag, but I guess i expected a little more for that price.

Can you guys name some bags that In your opinion are worth every bit of the price.

May I ask what was the name of the bag?  Kind of off topic, just because a bag cost x amount, does not guarantee longevity.  You have to keep in mind of the craftmanship that goes into a bag and you really need to inspect the bag (when possible) before purchasing.  That means that you have to look at the handles, stitching, the quality of leather, etc.  And also you also have to maintain the bag.  So you better get that 20 dollar leather spray and lotion.  And also store it in a dustbag or an old pillowcase.
NailtechDC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NailtechDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 1:45am
LOl...no I don't plan on getting one.  I was just trying to figure out what the hell you are paying for.  Those bags can go up to like $30,000.   I saw some on sale on a flash sale site for like 12,000 and a lot of them were already sold.  I had no idea they were that expensive.

The most I would pay is still about $400 for a bag.  But I do need to research on how to take better care of them. 

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by NailtechDC NailtechDC wrote:

LOl...no I don't plan on getting one.  I was just trying to figure out what the hell you are paying for.  Those bags can go up to like $30,000.   I saw some on sale on a flash sale site for like 12,000 and a lot of them were already sold.  I had no idea they were that expensive.

The most I would pay is still about $400 for a bag.  But I do need to research on how to take better care of them. 

Oh it ain't that hard.  Just spray it with the leather protector and use the recommended leather lotion to keep it supple and store it properly using the accompanying dustbag or old pillowcase.  Also do not store it in a damp closet or mold will attack it.  At the same time do not store it in direct sunlight or the leather will dry out.  To control the humidity in your closet, get some Damp Rid and place it in the closet.  I believe some Dollar Tree sells a bootleg version but it works as well IMO.
nw45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nw45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 3:59pm
my most expesinve bag is 3k.
i cant imagine paying 10k for ONE BAG.
with my current bag collection i could have a birkin by now.
missdeeluxe View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missdeeluxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 9:50pm
I wish Disapprove

I think the most I've paid for a bag is $300-ish.
I try to get on those flash sale/discount websites.

Ideeli.com usually has some pretty amazing deals.
Got my mom a Kate Spade purse there for Christmas!

As much as I love luxury brands, I can't justify a lot of it in my current financial state so the most I'll splurge for is usually Michael Kors.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

she no longer posts 
she says the craftsmanship is superior to all bags that she has owed...and she is someone who only owns luxury bags. she says the leather is superior.

however, that is quite a jump from a $400 to a $12k bag. are you ready for that.

eww *owns
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote binky622 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 9:30am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

she no longer posts 

believe it or not before Birkins were the hop hop socialite go-to bag I was going to put my name on the waiting list and hop on down to the credit union and get a loan to get a 12k bag. I was living at home thenLOL
chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 12:49am
I all honesty it depends on how well you take care of the bag.....I'm a recovering bag abuser...........
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic