Extensions Plus

Forum LockedBiotin side effects???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
jlmami View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biotin side effects???
    Posted: Mar 01 2006 at 4:07pm
Ok, A lot of ppl swore by Biotin supplements to aid in faster and thicker hair growth. Some ppl even said that Biotin even improved their skin. But, at the same time, I heard some weird side effects like: hair on the face and hair growing from the nipple?? That just turned me totally off from Biotin. Anyway, can yall please share your results or experiences from taking Biotin supplements, good or bad, so maybe, just maybe I won't be completely discouraged yet
Sponsored Links

SweetNsexy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2006 at 6:03pm

Biotin is a water soluble B-vitamin that acts as a conenzyme in the metabolism of protein, fats, and carbohydrates.  Biotin is absorbed in the small intestine and  the excess is excreted in your urine. So it does not matter what dose you take. You can never take too much of it. There are no known side effects for biotin.

Biotin can help strengthen your nails and improve the condition of your hair. If you find that you have trouble swallowing pills, some shampoos and conditioners contain biotin. The biotin in these shampoos and conditioners can penetrate the hair shaft which causes it to expand which thickens the hair cuticle. This will make your hair appear fuller.

As far as your skin is concerned, you may want to take Flaxseed oil. Flaxseed works excellent on the hair and skin as well. 

Check out GNC : Hair,Skin, and Nails vitamin. (has all the essential vitamins that are needed to help grow your hair as well as clear up your skin.)

Then there is Ultra Nourish Hair

Then there's another you may want to try called Shen Min also found at GNC which cost about 30 or 40 bucks. They only order a few of them and it usually goes quickly.  

I have never heard of any hair growths anywhere else on your body due to taking biotin.I would suggest taking a supplement with biotin in it.   Most of the time hair growths like that are normally due to hormone inbalance.

I use the hair, skin and nail vitamin myself as well as flaxseed (1000mg) twice a day. I have seen some great results. Hope this helped.

Edited by SweetNsexy
longing4length View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2006 at 4:03am

unfortunately, i dont think biotin has provided any extra help with growth for me. However, even with extra water intake i did break out. probably cuz my dosage was very high

SassyShani View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2006 at 6:03am
Originally posted by longing4length longing4length wrote:

unfortunately, i dont think biotin has provided any extra help with growth for me. However, even with extra water intake i did break out. probably cuz my dosage was very high

I had the same problem w/it but I also only used it for a week. I use the shampoo now and will start back up w/ my flaxseed pills

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2006 at 7:31am

Biotin hasn't really helped me, either. 

As for side effects, I seem to have an unusually strange reaction to it.  I have only heard of this ever happening to one other person, but about a week before my period begins, I get PMS.  Somehow the biotin makes it 10 times worse.  I will start to feel very depressed and have horrible mood swings.  Oddly when I stopped taking it, I was pretty much normal.

NychaelaSymone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2006 at 9:35am
stangly enough....the more MSM I take w/ my other vits (GNC ultranouish hair, Omega 3,6,9, horestail, & daily protein shakes) the better my cycles are.  I suffer from horrible excessive bleeding and bad cramps....since I've been taking all these vitamins, it's been smooth sailing.  I guess different strokes for different folks....haven't been taking them long enough to see what they are doing for my hair but will keep you posted.
FriesianDreams View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2006 at 12:39pm

I started taking biotin about three weeks ago. I have noticed more hair growth, but I have also noticed hair growing from my chin and some acne breakouts!

RealBlackBarbie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2006 at 1:50pm
OMG FriesianDreams! Now I'm afraid to start taking mine. If I grow a mustach and fuzzy nipples, I'll die; having longer hair is not that important to me!
LadyICE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2006 at 3:07am
lol sorry that was funny
TMarbury View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2006 at 8:38am

I have been taking Biotin for a couple of months.  For myself, I have not seen any side effect.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic