It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
dazed& View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biotin Capsules in Conditioner/Megatek
    Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 7:21pm
finally i can post!
 okay i came across an idea... i have 5000mcg biotin capsules (spring valley aka walmart brand) and i was wondering if i would be a good idea to open a few capsules an mix them in with my conditoner before applying...or adding them to my megatek mixture....any opinions?
Sponsored Links

DejaHouston View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 7:43pm
I would think you are better off drinking the capsules because they enter your bloodstream via your digestive system and nourish your roots that way. The molecules may be too big to enter your skin directly. You might need atomized biotin to do it that way but it would be a round about method. Drink them as a supplement to reap the true benefits. Just picture trying to heal a headache by rubbing a diluted Tylenol on your scalp. I figure you would have better luck getting it into your bloodstream by swallowing it. Generally when pharmacies make pills for ingestion they require certain optimum conditions in order to work.
dazed& View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by DejaHouston DejaHouston wrote:

I would think you are better off drinking the capsules because they enter your bloodstream via your digestive system and nourish your roots that way. The molecules may be too big to enter your skin directly. You might need atomized biotin to do it that way but it would be a round about method. Drink them as a supplement to reap the true benefits. Just picture trying to heal a headache by rubbing a diluted Tylenol on your scalp. I figure you would have better luck getting it into your bloodstream by swallowing it. Generally when pharmacies make pills for ingestion they require certain optimum conditions in order to work.
lol that makes since. i guess because ive been seeing so many biotin conditioners and stuff like that that id consider this but i wasnt so sure but thanks for your input. any other opinions?
CincygirlD View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 8:43pm
I've seen Biotin shampoos before. I've also read that there is NO scientific proof that it can be absorbed through the skin. I've read that people here do it, I'll just swallow it

ETA: AND... I'm trying to figure out why you can post, and I still can't. AND when I ask admin I get ignored

Edited by CincygirlD - Sep 28 2009 at 8:46pm
tru_blu09 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 8:49pm

i added biotin tabs to my megatek spritz and i swear it worked for me..

Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 9:11pm
I pop a biotin pill into my megatek/castor oil/water mix and it seems to work for me, my trick is to warm the water up a bit so the biotin powder will definately dissolve.
hautsdeseine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2009 at 3:48am
maybe you can just mix the two way of use... I have thought of doing that too. I take 2 pills of 5000mcg of spring valley biotin a day (my new growth changed the texture :its softer i dont know if its biotin or megatek) for those puting biotin in their megatek how many capsule of 5000mcg would you put in a 4oz megatek? I wanna try it. And is it safe to do it if you already mixed your megatek with flower powder sulfur? And do you still swallow it? I mean taking the biotin buy swallowing and in the megatek?
littlechaka View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2009 at 12:03pm
me also 4 posting, when u find out let me know

Originally posted by CincygirlD CincygirlD wrote:

I've seen Biotin shampoos before. I've also read that there is NO scientific proof that it can be absorbed through the skin. I've read that people here do it, I'll just swallow it

ETA: AND... I'm trying to figure out why you can post, and I still can't. AND when I ask admin I get ignored
dazed& View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2009 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by tru_blu09 tru_blu09 wrote:

i added biotin tabs to my megatek spritz and i swear it worked for me..

what about just adding it to plain old megatek amongst other oils? i cant really do the spritz thing since im transitionig with braidouts and only manipulate my hair once a week...im scared itll make my hair a big halo of frizz. will that work or not since the biotin wont be fully dissolved? and wat about adding it to conditioner?
tru_blu09 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2009 at 6:30pm
dang 5000mcg 2x daily yall doing it big... i take 2000mcg a day

u might have 2 crush em and add em 2 a lil bit of water so it dissolves then u can throw it in with the megatek then add oils and all should mix together...

i took it and used the MT.. i would throw in 1 of those 5000mcgs

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic