Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Bill Nye vs Ken Ham debate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:51pm
There is some evidence that support a young earth, 'the winding-up dilemma' for example.

But as long as we try to disprove or prove the intelligent creator of this existence with our minds, we will always end up right where we started.

Consciousness is not meant to be understood with the mind. It is an awareness of Self.

God exists on the very brink of what is and what is not.

Edited by Derri - Feb 06 2014 at 5:55pm
Sponsored Links

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

There is some evidence that support a young earth, 'the winding-up dilemma' for example.

But as long as we try to disprove or prove the intelligent creator of this existence with our minds, we will always end up right where we started.

Consciousness is not meant to be understood with the mind. It is an awareness of Self.

God exists on the very brink of what is and what is not.

Where is the evidence?  And most importantly, can it be found in a peer-reviewed scientific journal?

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 7:34pm
I gave 1 example. Go research it if you're interested.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 7:57pm
But i'm not too concerned how old the earth is.
We spend a lot of time in the past, and a lot of time wondering about a future that never comes, while there is so much to experience right now.

A belief is comforting, but only through experience does the truth reveal itself. You have to know the truth is the truth in order to say it is, and you have to have been a part of the experience of the truth. The truth is not an emotion, it is a state of being...it's not comprehensible with the mind of polarity.

Edited by Derri - Feb 06 2014 at 7:59pm
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:09pm
Yes, I have researched it, and again, there is no support for a young Earth.  We do not know exactly when the universe was created, but we can make a pretty good guess.  The Christian timeline for the creation of Earth and the universe simply does not match up with the physical evidence already here.  Ancient Egypt alone proves the Earth is far older than the 4,000-6,000 year time frame young Earth proponents talk about.  We can talk about individual perception all we'd like, but at the end of the day, our perception (opinion) wouldn't measure up to the physical evidence that young earth theory is even remotely possible. 

And once again, we are butting heads here because one side is coming into the discussion with no presumptions toward an ultimate answer.  They are taking pieces of a puzzle and putting it together.  The other side thinks it already has the answer and THEN puts the puzzle together.  The problem with believing you know what the picture is before you put the puzzle together is that you may be proven wrong.  And if that happens, you may very well insist on making those pieces fit or insist your interpretation was the correct one.  That's why the only people who take young earth theories seriously are the ones who have an agenda to preserve outdated answers.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:31pm
Didn't watch the debate but I would not agree with teaching creationism as a science, but i am very interested in the study of this as a philosophical question and I would take it as a class had it been offered to me. i am a space, physics, metaphysics and astronomy nerd, the type that reads articles on black holes and string theory and then read peoples off the wall extrapolation of what could be not just what facts exist today. those things stimulate me more than anything because of the endless possibilities for the nature of our being. 
i will always encourage my children to pursue creative pursuits, or even put confidence before evidence if that is where they are led to from time to time. I plan to raise rationalists, pragmatics, dreamers, and believers all at the same time just like me. 

Edited by melikey - Feb 06 2014 at 8:32pm
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:08pm
We are all finding out about life. There is no absolute that we know of, and we have to approach the universe less arrogantly.
Currently there are 20 stars roughly the size of our sun that have been ejected out of our galaxy.
Scientist have no idea what caused this, as they did not come from the black hole at the centre of the galaxy and yet they are moving at a speed fast enough to leave it.
No one knows what could have worked these stars up to such velocities because before this discovery, only a star kicked out of a black hole could have such energy to even dream about leaving the galaxy.

In the book of Job, God poke with Job about arrogance and presumption of claiming to know in absolutes all that God is.
The point is to find out and come to awareness by experiencing---by being.

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 9:32pm
Real science is not concerned with absolutes.  Religion is.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 1:47am
I didn't see all but Nye did him a favor by even agreeing to "debate" him.  Nye seems like he'd be willing to re-think his position if presented with proof.  Ham said flat out he don't give a fucc what kind of evidence nobody got.   Why even have the debate then...if you're not interested in what nobody got to say?   Folks want solid evidence when it comes to science but religion...
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 6:43am
im not in this, i just wanted to drop this off. LOL because its PRLOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWAbr-SoMAs

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures