Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Bill Nye vs Ken Ham debate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 5:53pm
When you want to be serious about it we can chat. Because I know you know the universe we live in is real.

Sponsored Links

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I have several thoughts about the debate.

It was successful for Ham. His job wasn't to "win" the debate or disprove evolution or science. It was to make creationism appear to be a legitimate alternative "theory" to casual people. He picked Bill Nye because Bill is well known, but not a biology or evolution expert. Bill has a engineering bachelors degree. Plus Bill is a nice guy and not abrasive so he won't call out lies in the debate, he'll simply say "I find that a bit troubling."

Ham made up terms (to confuse people) and did video interviews with creationist scientist, only because his main goal was to make creationism appear to be on par with any other discipline of science, even though they don't do the work that other scientist do. He wanted the debate to take the place of actually publishing the ideas in peer-reviewed journals. He also got a chance to promote the museum, which is reportedly struggling for funds. Nye presented his info well enough and he was very sincere but you can tell he isn't seasoned to debating someone like Ham.

Thanks for this lil break down. Ham seems completely in his own mind, but so everyone the majority of the time. And Bill seems willing to come out of his mind but on his terms..so he let his mind go out the front door and slip through the back door. Which most of us do all the time.
iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 5:57pm
Lol sorry its a running joke when I created a thread on lemuria/Atlantis on the ic and told this old hating dude he is Thoth/tehuti cause he old and he wrote the emerald tablets but now stuck as a electrician hating life.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 5:58pm
I get the impression that Nye agreed to do this because he is concerned about education.   It would be embarrassing as hell if we really did start to teach creation as a science in this world-wide economy.   Its just another form of mis-education our children don't need.   I do believe some communist countries control the message of history in schools like they control the media but I don't know if they are manipulating science teaching the way some would like to do in the US.  I sure hope not but anyway in the US this could devalue our graduates even more than they already are.   He made that point towards the end and I think people actually get it. 
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 6:07pm
There is a time and place for God, real God not play play God, and the world is not the place, and the time is now.

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 6:29pm
But the universe is conscious though and physics is keeping it real about it. But its not a god that's a Greek idea and concept.
ChubbyYeti View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChubbyYeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 7:02pm
Dots represent schools that teach creationism and receive public funding to teach it. Green dots are public schools, orange are private schools and red are charter schools. I'd be pissed living in Louisiana or Tennessee.

Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2014 at 7:22pm
Two states I'm not moving too. No wonder their education level is shyt.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 8:47am
Originally posted by ChubbyYeti ChubbyYeti wrote:

Dots represent schools that teach creationism and receive public funding to teach it. Green dots are public schools, orange are private schools and red are charter schools. I'd be pissed living in Louisiana or Tennessee.

SMH.  I wonder what other countries look like.  I can't believe there is so much green on this map but I guess thank goodness its only those two states.  At the same time I'm thinking I expected more. 
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2014 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by ChubbyYeti ChubbyYeti wrote:

SMH.  I wonder what other countries look like.  I can't believe there is so much green on this map but I guess thank goodness its only those two states.  At the same time I'm thinking I expected more. 

Korea and Japan definitely do not look like this because they feel that what should be taught in school is FACTS, not BELIEFS.  The problem with creationism is that the answer comes before the question.  Everything will always lead to the Christian god.  Evolutionists look for evidence of their theory (which can be TESTED). 

I think believers misunderstand the position of non-believers quite frequently, especially when it is science-related.  When we ask for evidence or proof, it's not to give creationists a hard time.  It's to prevent junk science that kept humans thinking the sun revolved around the earth for thousands of years.  To believe in a young earth is utterly ridiculous and should not be considered an opinion of any value.  Not only has science proven this is not the case, but so hasn't archeology and history.  We also run into the problem of humans having had over 2,000 gods.  Science has removed the idea of an aware creator all together and stuck to what is presently known and expanded on that.  If you believe that an intelligent creator existed to create the earth and the universe, you also have the added burden of proving that it is YOUR deity of choice that created the universe. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic