Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Big gaps within siblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big gaps within siblings
    Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:13am
I know someone who is having her second child 17 years after her 1st one. I'm giddy happy for her. Wonderful news.

I don't really know anyone else with such gaps with their kids. If I ever decide to have another child, I too would be faced with a significant gap. It scares me but apart from the fear, I do honestly think it's a beautiful thing. My fear is that your whole life would be child rearing rather than bringing up your kids in close age AND then having a break where you lead a life of chilling by the beach being served champagne by a hot guy.
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:17am
They say when this happens it's usually an "accident" or not planned. It happens sometimes. I had a friend whose two cousins were late high school and out of high school when their parents had a new baby.

I dunno if this counts but me and my older and younger sibling were all born within five years, but my youngest brother came along a whole five years after that. I never asked my mom what that was about lol.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:17am
^^^I do know my mom got her tubes tied after that so.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:23am
Our age gaps aren't too large
We're
33, 23, 18.

My mom had my older sister at 21 then her and my dad waited a bit with me at 30 for my little sister at 35.
My mama says my little sis is the only one she planned and me and my big sister are just lucky

My dad is 6 years older than her.
But was excited to have a baby at 42

Edited by jonesable - Feb 23 2014 at 9:32am
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 9:29am
A lot of women I know with gaps like that planned the 2nd one. Usually they have a more stable life than they did when they were younger and want to experience being a mom without the financial or emotional struggles they had the first time.
The younger child turns out blessed because the older child usually takes on a role similar to a fun buddy who spoils them rather than a annoying sibling.
I don't see a problem with this honestly if the parents are willing to start over.
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:26am
I'm the oldest; 27.
Mom side I have a 6 and an 18 year old brother.
Dad side I have a 3 and a 12 year old brother.
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:51am
My oldest brother is 15 yrs older my youngest is 8 yrs older I do wish we were closer in age we really have nothing in common but parents....
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Sleek Sleek wrote:

My oldest brother is 15 yrs older my youngest is 8 yrs older I do wish we were closer in age we really have nothing in common but parents....

Damn that's kinda effed up.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

A lot of women I know with gaps like that planned the 2nd one.

This was the deal with my 3rd.  It took a long time to conceive successfully.  I had several miscarriages and 1 ectopic.  I was ready to give up when I got pregnant the last time.  Something just said don't worry, this one is fine. 

He really is a joy to have around though.  Hubby and I drive HIM crazy because we have nothing better to do than get on his nerves.  Since we're older and well-established he pretty much gets everything he wants and then some.  I joke around that I can't wait for him to go away to college but I'm probably going to cry my eyes outCry

But yes hubby and I talk about how much we're going to be traveling and not thinking about these damn kids in 10yrs.  Hmph!LOL

Wik3ddd_Fr3shh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wik3ddd_Fr3shh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2014 at 1:53pm
We have a lot of gaps 30, 23, 20, 13, 11. I never thought anything of it. My mom did have the oldest when she was 17/18 so she waited after that
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic