Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BHM...How Do You Feel About This? Fitness Mum...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

BHM...How Do You Feel About This? Fitness Mum...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 6:51am
@southern....I honestly thought she and the babies were living off her husbands income.  I mean...she runs a non-profit.  It's not like she's working out all day to maintain.  She for all intents and purposes...does have a day job.  Her house is a bit messy but aren't folks who have kids houses tend to be a bit messy....sometimes?  Does her house have to be immaculate to qualify what she said?  As far as help...why can't she have the same help that folks on here have...ie family/baby sitters/daycare?  I mean...u said her house is messy...which means that she don't have a nanny or summin'.  

not tryna come for u or starting sh*t....just sayin'.
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 7:11am
This from a person i'm "friends" with on FB.  I debated on if I should post this but...

I found her years ago when I was doing a certain workout.  She can be inspiring.  IMO.

I don't want folks to feel that i'm tryna antagonize so i'll ghost post it.  read it at your own risk.

The bottom line. I've got 7 kids and a wonderful man - plus a dog, 4 hamsters, a beautiful but needy saltwater fish tank and 2 parakeets to love and care for EVERY SINGLE DAY. I'm my families sole chef, maid, taxi cab and all around advocate, my kids class mom, a Beachbody Coach, a woman of God and a friend. When it comes to exercise - I do NOT have time or energy to make excuses. My motto is simple. JUST SHUT UP AND GET UP!! ... Get ready, get sweaty, then GET ON WITH IT!!

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 7:23am
7 kids? wow..she sounds amazing! 

I don't feel you're trying to antagonize at all..she's just sharing what's working for her, I already know I'm gonna be one of those "fitness mums"..LOLEmbarrassed
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 7:57am

yeah Cherry.  for years i've watched many people say the same thing on her page. I can't believe...u must have some help... someone else must raise your kids...

she's inspirational that despite all she has going on she finds time to get it in.  I remember once a while back she said (and i've heard this from most people who workout/train) ...all u really need are sneakers at the very least 30 - 45 minutes and pavement for a decent workout. U don't need a gym membership if money is a factor.

again...none of my commentary are directed at folks who know and acknowledge their non-working out because they don't want to and make no excuses for why they don't situation. 
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 8:49am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

@southern....I honestly thought she and the babies were living off her husbands income.  I mean...she runs a non-profit.  It's not like she's working out all day to maintain.  She for all intents and purposes...does have a day job.  Her house is a bit messy but aren't folks who have kids houses tend to be a bit messy....sometimes?  Does her house have to be immaculate to qualify what she said?  As far as help...why can't she have the same help that folks on here have...ie family/baby sitters/daycare?  I mean...u said her house is messy...which means that she don't have a nanny or summin'.  

not tryna come for u or starting sh*t....just sayin'.

Read every thing I said, especially the 3rd paragraph.
Your first sentence was exactly my point. She has help that all mothers don't have

Er, the messy house was just me being funny. Don't read so much into that one

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Oct 19 2013 at 8:54am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 9:29am
U mean by her having a husband?  OIC. 

Though....if she were a single mom... the only difference I can see is that instead of running a non-profit she'd work for money instead of for free.  But at the same time...who knows how much her husband helps...or not.  If her hubby is making enough for them to live comfortably and her not to have a second job....he's prolly the type of husband that don't "help" too much with the kids.  I mean iono....*shrugs*

Edited by newdiva1 - Oct 19 2013 at 9:33am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 9:35am
having a husband, a  less structured job, and financial support/a breadwinner

at the beginning of the year, my workout partner was a single job. at 6 at, she was up getting a toddler ready for day care so should could to work on time. when she off that afternoon, she was picking up said toddler and if we wanted to work out she was taking her to the next city over to her parents to babysit.

if she wanted to take her child with her to the gym's daycare, she paid for that.

so I see why "what's your excuse" isn't the best way to try to come at people who don't have the same privileges you do.

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Oct 19 2013 at 9:40am
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 10:08am
There really is no excuse though

Work out in the living room if you can't get to the gym. After work, when bby is asleep work out before bed.

The other prob is people not willing to change their diet. Instead they go on a diet, run one day out the week and expect results...shii ain't that easy.
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 10:11am
Good for her

As long as they're not shaming mothers who don't find it as easy as she does...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 10:15am
Originally posted by bebe88 bebe88 wrote:

There really is no excuse though

Work out in the living room if you can't get to the gym. After work, when bby is asleep work out before bed.

The other prob is people not willing to change their diet. Instead they go on a diet, run one day out the week and expect results...shii ain't that easy.

i stated earlier that everyone can work out and eat right.
but those results, luv, she didn't get them working out in the living room to bobby blanks or doing sit ups while baby is in bed

------------------------------

but neway, everybody knows what you could be doing and how you could be doing it except you.

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Oct 19 2013 at 10:16am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic