Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

BHM Testimonies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 4.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 10:05am
Amillia that was an awesome testimony. Have you ever thought about helping young people who are going through some of the same things?
Sponsored Links

danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 10:18am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

All I know is can't nobody throw my testimony in my face bc it made me who I am.

I dropped out of high school at 15 to start working and got into a bunch of trouble between 15 to 20. I was hustling, stealing, dealing, in and out of jail all the time. At 20 my little brother was dying from cancer and he told me that I needed to get my act together. He said I was killing our mom and he hated me for it, but he loved me more and made me promise that I would do better. It was a process but I decided to go and get my GED a few months after he passed away.

Then I realized after I got it that I can't do nothing with a GED, so I went back to hustling. My older sister and I got into it because I promised everyone that I would do better. She said if I stop she would help me, but if I kept on they were all done with me, real talk. She said she would go to CUNY enrollment with me and pay for my first year but I had to promise that I would stop dealing forever. At 22, I started college and struggled through every single day. Going the straight path was not easy at all, because I still had friends in the game and I felt so lonely for 4 years. But the good thing about CUNY instead of traditional college was that all types of people went there and I didn't feel like I was the only one who was trying to get away from something.

But anyway, last year I graduated cum laude with a B.S. in computer science, and I started my first real job in September. I can declare with victory that life is so much better...I have a different group of friends, I'm close to my family again, and I finally have something that no one can take from me. God is good!

Yyaaassss girl yaaassss!!

I LOVED to read that!!!
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 10:33am
Very nice...I'd put my testimony in here, but I'm not done yet...Haven't gotten to the top of the mountain...LOL
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 10:52am
Poofity poof

Edited by AmiliaCabral - Feb 04 2014 at 9:58pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 10:55am
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Amillia that was an awesome testimony. Have you ever thought about helping young people who are going through some of the same things?

I do! My mom twisted my arm into mentoring for a Brooklyn youth organization. Its so rewarding. I would urge anyone who can to do the same. 
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 11:00am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I do! My mom twisted my arm into mentoring for a Brooklyn youth organization. Its so rewarding. I would urge anyone who can to do the same. 

HeartThumbs Up
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Very nice...I'd put my testimony in here, but I'm not done yet...Haven't gotten to the top of the mountain...LOL

If thats how you feel do you. I know im just getting started and that I'm nowhere near the mountaintop. I give mine bc even though I'm not where I want to be, i have to remind myself that i've come a long way and not to beat myself up for not being there yet
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 11:03am
thanks for sharing! I always enjoy reading your testimony amila.
chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (33) Thanks(33)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 11:13am
At 16 I got raped by a neighbor,had my oldest afew weeks before my 17th birthday.I went through hell with family & professionals who didn't think that I could handle raising him mentally.At 19 I decided to have my 2nd and last child partly because I didn't like not having a choice with my first child... Was engaged to be married,but realized that I was not ready for that journey at 19... It's funny,because I had no problem accepting the weight of being a parent....I put a lot of things on hold to raise my sons,and I still ended up getting married a few years later.Now I'm the professional talking with individuals about life changing decisions...I draw on my own life events to highlight the fact that some of life's greatest blessings come from our darkest times...
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 11:21am
china thank you soooo much for that Hug

You are amazing!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic