BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

BHM Testimonies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 4.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BHM Testimonies
    Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 8:38am
Sometimes knowing that others are making it through really helps to keep pressing on. Despite all the phuckshyt BHM can be a great source of inspiration, so I think it would be cool if people wanna share their stories. It can be spiritual or not, vague or specific, short or long, about whatever. If you're surviving, you're thriving, you're making it through or just want to claim that you will make it let us know. Anything from passing a test to...whatever lol
Sponsored Links

Butta Cookie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Butta Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 8:41am
*takes a seat to hear some stories*
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (21) Thanks(21)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 8:41am
Ermm

bhm'ers can't really share their experiences cus it will be brought up and exaggerated next argument…. 
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Butta Cookie Butta Cookie wrote:

*takes a seat to hear some stories*
takes a seat beside ButtaSmile
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (17) Thanks(17)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 8:48am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Ermm

bhm'ers can't really share their experiences cus it will be brought up and exaggerated next argument…. 

If you scared call that reverend

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (18) Thanks(18)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 8:56am
^^^ Thanked.

And Amilia, depending on your pov, you may wanna skim http://f2.blackhairmedia.com/count-your-blessings-thread_topic366595.html. It's the count your blessings thread.

But lemme get to a desk top and I'll eta on this. 

eta: imma keep this as short as i can. as the lovely people of random thoughts know, i was looking for a job. however, i can only recently say it's because i didn't have one. i was laid off from my job in october 2012. i kept that all my friends and family in my life with the exception of about 5. however, the hardest part was not being able to do what i loved so much, the sense of anger/betrayal/shame/whatevs that came from this and trying to stay positive/optimistic as well. i was fortunate to have people that were supportive of me, that listened when i needed it, that prayed for me, that let me stay with them when i needed an escape, that gave me drag shows every thursday so that i could still hope and dream-- in short, that loved me. and, for their actions large and small, i am forever grateful to them. in the end, well currently, i had my interview for the job i have now exactly one year to the day that i was laid off and i work with my friendtor again. 

call it fate, call it luck, call it random, call it blessed, whatever. i can only speak for myself in saying that i am fortunate. i am thankful. and to those that are looking, have been looking, will be looking, hang in there. it's hard, it's infuriating and depressing af, but stay positive. have hope. while it may take longer than you expected, your dream and better place are coming to you. 

claim it and do what you can to work toward it every day. Heart

as far as people using this against me in an argument, try. *shrug*  not only did i make it, but i kept up with all my bills, had recreational time and managed to travel about 4-5 times during that year. i learned that i was stronger than i ever believed myself to be. for that, i'm better than i was. 

Edited by nekamarie83 - Feb 04 2014 at 9:25am
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (18) Thanks(18)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 9:02am
It's been a rough past 5 years and I can finally say I made it through all the b.s. I'm finally a licensed healthcare professional and it feels good to put those letters after my name. There were times when I felt like giving up, times when I cried myself to sleep, times when I was functioning but I was depressed and times when I felt happy. Looking back I think damn, those were some crazy times. I recently looked at my old journal entries from 2008-2013 and baby...let's just say some of those entries brought me to tears. I'm not 100% on track but I know that God will continue to bless me on HIS time and not mine lol. The best is yet to come!!!!! All I can say is no matter how hard it is, don't give up. The season you're going through is temporary and you too will reflect just like I did and say "Damn, He did that!" Give all your troubles to God, he will see you through! Take care ya'll Hug

Edited by IslandSuga - Feb 04 2014 at 9:03am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (39) Thanks(39)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 9:18am
All I know is can't nobody throw my testimony in my face bc it made me who I am.

I dropped out of high school at 15 to start working and got into a bunch of trouble between 15 to 20. I was hustling, stealing, dealing, in and out of jail all the time. At 20 my little brother was dying from cancer and he told me that I needed to get my act together. He said I was killing our mom and he hated me for it, but he loved me more and made me promise that I would do better. It was a process but I decided to go and get my GED a few months after he passed away.

Then I realized after I got it that I can't do nothing with a GED, so I went back to hustling. My older sister and I got into it because I promised everyone that I would do better. She said if I stop she would help me, but if I kept on they were all done with me, real talk. She said she would go to CUNY enrollment with me and pay for my first year but I had to promise that I would stop dealing forever. At 22, I started college and struggled through every single day. Going the straight path was not easy at all, because I still had friends in the game and I felt so lonely for 4 years. But the good thing about CUNY instead of traditional college was that all types of people went there and I didn't feel like I was the only one who was trying to get away from something.

But anyway, last year I graduated cum laude with a B.S. in computer science, and I started my first real job in September. I can declare with victory that life is so much better...I have a different group of friends, I'm close to my family again, and I finally have something that no one can take from me. God is good!

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 9:24am
Clap

i didnt graduate either…. highs cool of middle school… 

i know it will come back to me on here but whatevs… 
i hope to be like you Hug
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 9:30am
Not really a testimony battling with unemployment after the military (before I signed up for BHM) trying to find a good job, but praying and nothing came about, but when I started digging in myself and realizing my own potential that's when I was able to find employment and realized a creative consciouness is knowing not hoping and wishing.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic