Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

BHM Entrepeneurs & Hustlers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BHM Entrepeneurs & Hustlers
    Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 2:27pm
For those of you who work for your selves, how did you get out of the employee mentality and into the boss/owner mindset? What was the transition like? What steps did you have to take to build your own business? How do you find clients/customers? Do you ever miss working for someone else?

If you don't mind could you give a background into how you started your business, what type of work you do, and just your journey in general?

Sponsored Links

prettynaturallyme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote prettynaturallyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 7:55pm
The motivation for me was working in corporate america and being overworked and underpaid with a degree. Sitting at a desk for 8hrs a day and not feeling fulfilled with what I was doing in life. I also hated having a "boss" and having to answer to someone. Ever since I was a child, I've always hated authority. My motto was I will respect you if you respect me; i didn't care how old you were (with the exception of my grandparents/parents). But if you were just a random adult and you disrespected me, we would have an issue. I guess I've always been a boss and had that mindset. LOL. I am a boutique owner and the biggest thing and the most important thing is to step out on faith bc the biggest failure is the one who never tried.
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 7:56pm
*lurks for more responses like this ^^*
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 8:04pm
oooooooooooh, we need more responses!!!!! This is a good thread!  I've been wanting for so long to start a business or something that can provide extra income, but I dont know how to go about it. The job that I have now is a good job, but I hate always having to come in whenever they want you to and doing whatever they want you to. Eventually it irritates me to the point where I find a way to leave. I want to be in control of my life and income, so ya'll better get in here and share tips on how to do that!!
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 8:06pm
Lol @ missing working for someone else.

nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 8:30pm
Its fuccin quiet in this thread. Why it so quiet? There's no successful entrepreneurs and bhm?
I should've known. Ya'll are all broke and slaves to The Man. And I dont have time for broke b!tches. I'm leaving this thread
Girl101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Girl101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

Its fuccin quiet in this thread. Why it so quiet? There's no successful entrepreneurs and bhm?
I should've known. Ya'll are all broke and slaves to The Man. And I dont have time for broke b!tches. I'm leaving this thread

Lol LOL I definitely want to see more too, I plan to quit working with my boss next year and start my own little vending area in the mall. Right now I'm just saving money and getting in contact with the right people. I hate my boss.
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 1:27am
1) Everyone may not have seen this thread yet

2) Some people may prefer to share their secrets to success privately. If you are such a person, please PM me because I do desire to know the answers to the OP's questions as well.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 1:45am
Great thread. I recently started my side hustle, which was due to wanting to take charge, do what I like and serve my people. After working on the plantation for awhile, you get bored and want to take on other tasks without having to be around stupid people and answering to someone else. Plus its annoying to be overworked, underpaid and led my those who either don't know how to lead or refuse to do so...

Hopefully my business will grow to the point where I don't have to work on the plantation anymore. I know it takes an awful lot of work to make it at that point, but I'm not afraid to take that risk and make a few sacrifices. Those challenging factors makes things more exciting and worthwhile. 

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2013 at 1:57am
I've always had a side-hustle since a year after I started working.  I always had plenty of opportunities to develop my own business and go full-time with it, but I have always decided against it.  It wasn't the money, because I pulled in the same salary working part-time as I did working full-time at my "day job."  I just realized that there is a limit as to how much I can put up with as far as myself and my customers are concerned.  I found that I worked myself much harder than when I was working for someone else.  I paid myself much less--putting the money back into the business.  I was at the point where I was hiring part-timers, but then I realized...I am a shytty boss (I am a perfectionist). 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>