Perfect Hair Collection

BHM Bookclub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 7:02pm
Nah just don't nobody be down there.LOL
Sponsored Links

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 7:26pm

Originally posted by colemlrch colemlrch wrote:

Dang I'm super late but this book is some of the realest sh*t I've read in my entire life!! for the book to be so old it is spot on. And it makes me think when I'm successful how will I change things or try to actually uplift the black community as well as the world. The part about black people thinking working for black people is inferior then the foreigners come in a make mad money off us is SOOOO true ei Korean hairstores.

this passage stood out for me as well. 

i have sooo many quotables from this book. it's amazing how timeless it is, the only thing that makes me remember it's an old book is "negro", everything else is 100% spot on. 

colemlrch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemlrch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 7:27pm
Yup! And his lil old picture on the back of mineLOL
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 7:36pm

my favorite part so far, is when he spoke about the HBCUs having white presidents, I had no idea. And how the white presidents didn't allow the black faculty in their homes. and he was asking why in 3 generations they hadn't educated a black person well enough to take on the role as president. i was all on the elliptical in the gym like PREACH!LOL.. i know i got a few stares. 

the other part that struck me was the PhD thing and how a lot of them lose touch with real issues. i think this is the main culprit affecting our black intellectual population to this day. kids would rather listen to rap than read sometimes because black intellectuals aren't writing books they can relate to. 

Edited by melikey - Jun 23 2011 at 7:37pm
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:47pm
Bump...I need some good books to read
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 1:26pm
I'm in too...have you read White Lines by Tracy Brown?
dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 2:56pm
Read 32 Candles (its its sequel) and The 12 Tribes of Hattie over break! All great
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 6:17pm
Read White Girl Problems, I laughed its twisted.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
  Share Topic