BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

BHM Alerts! What Do you Think?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Russ View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Russ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BHM Alerts! What Do you Think?
    Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 10:58am
Good Morning Ladies,

We are finsihing the Alerting System for the new BHM Forum.  Previously we were forced to turn off the alerts because comapanies like Yahoo were blocking our emails, because we were sending an email for each post in a topic.

We will turn the alerts back on for the new system, however, I wanted to explain to you ladies how the alerts (subscriptions) will work, and you let me know if this will work for you.

1) Private Message Notification - You will be notified each time you receive a private message.   The alert will be sent to your registered email address.  You will receive no more than 1 notification per day, regardless of how many messages you receive.  The system will not notify you regarding external messages, and you can specify an alternate email address for notifcation.

2) Topic Owner Notification - If you create a topic, you can ask the system to notify you when a reply is posted to the topic.  The system will only send you 1 email alert if you are not currently online.  If you are currently online, the system will send you an alert to your browser. 

3) Topic Owner Notification (Admin) - If any admin functions are performed on your topic, you will receive a notifcation.  For example if the topic is moved, deleted, closed, etc.

4) Topic Subscription - You can be notified of posts, etc on any topic.  The system will only send you 1 email alert per day regarding posts made to a specified topic.  You will also receive notifications if the topic is moved or closed. 

5) Friend Alerts - For those who you approve as your friend, they will be sent browser alerts when you log into the system.  There are a few other friend alerts, that we will be adding to the system at a later time.

6) "Drama Alert" - You can subscribe to the "Drama Alert" which will send you an alert when any Topic in a specified forum (TTT, Lace Front, etc.) has a high number of replies or a high number of Views. You can also be sent an alert based on members giving a topic a high rating.

7) "Topic Creation Alert" - When you create a topic an alert can be sent to your friends with a link to the topic, your friends must approve this feature before they are sent an alert. 

All of these alerts will only send you 1 alert per day, but the counter will reset after you have logged on the system, and then logged off.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks.
Sponsored Links

uppitynegroid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote uppitynegroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 10:59am
No thank you.
jacy_babi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacy_babi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 11:03am
Hi Russ. Can I suggest that members of BHM get a notification if someone has quoted their post

Edited by jacy_babi - Oct 10 2008 at 11:12am
dynamite23 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamite23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 11:03am
ummm, no thanks
Blue Suede View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Suede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 11:03am
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

No thank you.

LOL I agree. Way too much going on.
Russ View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 11:06am
That would be very interesting.  Will have to think about that one.

Originally posted by jacy_babi jacy_babi wrote:

Hi Russ. Can I suggest that members of BHM get a notification if someone has quoted theie post
Russ View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Russ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 11:11am

When you first log into the new system, it will ask you if you want to turn off notifications, if you say yes, you will not receive any notifications, regardless to any subscriptions you may have.

Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

No thank you.

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 11:13am
i think most of it is great russ , thanks, anything to make the site better , now, if you can just get the search function to work better ? would deleting very very old topics help ? thanks really enjoy bhm Smile
maliax3 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maliax3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 11:13am
it seems a bit to much but i like the idea...is it also going to be set up in a way where you can select what you want  to be notified on, or once you opt for notifications you are notified on all activity??/
ccluvsau View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ccluvsau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2008 at 11:15am
I'll believe these when I see it...

3) Topic Owner Notification (Admin) - If any admin functions are performed on your topic, you will receive a notifcation.  For example if the topic is moved, deleted, closed, etc.

6) "Drama Alert" - You can subscribe to the "Drama Alert" which will send you an alert when any Topic in a specified forum (TTT, Lace Front, etc.) has a high number of replies or a high number of Views. You can also be sent an alert based on members giving a topic a high rating.

Edited by ccluvsau - Oct 10 2008 at 11:20am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>