BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBGLOs ~ Sororities!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Hair ViVi

Author
preciousone86 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: BGLOs ~ Sororities!
    Posted: Dec 09 2007 at 11:29pm
I am really interested in this particular sorority, and I have been for some time. I am now in the process of "showing interest" without actually saying that. Lol.

I was just wondering if any of you ladies were members of a BGLO, and your experience. Are you glad, sad, disappointed, whatever and are you still very active even after you have graduated?

Any responses would be greatly appreciated! Tongue
Sponsored Links

preciousone86 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2007 at 11:53pm
No one?
NEWMRS216 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 12:40am
i'm here.. I"m a zeta.. i'm very proud of my process and my organization. I was drawn to it because of it's commitment to community service.. now adays i'm not as active although I'm a listed president of a chapter.. I have a meeting coming up this weekend that will hopefully get me more involved.. one of the things I love most about the grad division is that the community service is REAL.. from the march of dimes to the storks nest programs.. it's real and documented.. we have a certain amount of projects we have to document per year or else our chapter loses status..  so it keeps you on u'r toes.. and we can't spend our time holding dances and raffles. geesh i hate having to buy raffle tickets and luncheon/dinner tickets to sorority/fraternity functions.. the biggest waste of money I can see myself spending.. ..

the process was fun, (when i look back at it that is) the friendships are ever lasting. the sisterhood is real, and the stepping is FIERCE.. 

good luck!!

Edited by diva577 - Dec 10 2007 at 12:42am
Trini View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 8:59am
Aw preciousone! same boat LOL....well...LOL yea same boat
LiberianQueen83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 9:10am
Yes I'm a Delta and I pledged/chartered a chapter in undergrad.
I loved my experience.  Like diva577 said I can look back at it with such fondness but at the time...lol...well....it was A LOT of work. But so is college, and work and anything else you want to succeed in.  I made lifelong bonds with my line sisters and and proud to be a part of a community of such dynamic sisters.

Currently I'm a member at large but I plan on joining an alumnae chapter in January. I haven't been as active as I should be but I'm making sure that 2008 I get involved in more community service projects.  
zetalady View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 9:14am
Hi i am a Zeta also and i pledged undergrad. I must say that this was a very memorable time for me and i am so happy to be apart of this sorority! i am vice-president of my chapter and i am very active as well. i am still undergrad and i plan on joining a grad chapter after i graduate. ilove the fact that we do a lot of community service b/c i really feel as tho i am helping to make a difference in the world (social work major)Wink the bonds that are created with your sorority sisters is like no other. i would suggest that you do your homework and make sure that the sorority you choose it the sorority for you.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 9:29am

LiberianQueen83 - Hi Soror! *waves*

I also agreed with the other ladies, being apart of a Sorority is a wonderful thing. I have made great bonds/friendships with my Sorors and not mention other Greeks. Its a great community to be apart of if you are intentions good.

I pledged undergrad and that truly made a huge difference in my college experience.  If I could go back and repeat it, I would in a heart beat!

I am still active in a graduate chapter. Have fun in undergrad but remember that you are still needed in the community after you graduate. Undergrad is just the beginning. I can honestly say that my alumnae experience has taken my love for Delta too new heights.

My advice to anyone interested in joining a BGLO is to really examine why you want to join. We have enough t-shirt wearers and steppers. When you look at your chapter, don't just think its about "holding down the yard" those ladies spend MANY hours conducting chapter business and working in the community.
haitiancurlyq View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 9:36am
interesting thread...been thinkin bout this lately too
glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 9:56am
I didnt pledge undergrad b/c all greeks were kicked off the yard until my senior year of undergrad. Glad that i didnt pledge senior yrs b/c the girls skated, they named themselves and they dont have the comraderie that comes with pledging.

Whenever I decide on where I will relocate, I will consider "showing interest" to grad chapter. I was with 3 ladies on Sunday that are very active member and board members of the local chapter.
LiberianQueen83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2007 at 9:59am
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

LiberianQueen83 - Hi Soror! *waves*

I also agreed with the other ladies, being apart of a Sorority is a wonderful thing. I have made great bonds/friendships with my Sorors and not mention other Greeks. Its a great community to be apart of if you are intentions good.

I pledged undergrad and that truly made a huge difference in my college experience.  If I could go back and repeat it, I would in a heart beat!

I am still active in a graduate chapter. Have fun in undergrad but remember that you are still needed in the community after you graduate. Undergrad is just the beginning. I can honestly say that my alumnae experience has taken my love for Delta too new heights.

My advice to anyone interested in joining a BGLO is to really examine why you want to join. We have enough t-shirt wearers and steppers. When you look at your chapter, don't just think its about "holding down the yard" those ladies spend MANY hours conducting chapter business and working in the community.

*waves back* Hey Soror!
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic