Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 2:40am
I think the edges look 'normal' for a Black girl with permed hair too.

I think the rest of her head has a weave to give it more bulk and length .. but the edges are hers.

I do think the lighting is making the color look odd and maybe a little thinner - but all in all unless a person has THICK hair naturally - and the fact that she has a weave in the rest of her head - tells me her hair is not THICK.

This is the way most Black girls who perm their hair looks around the edges when they pull it back like that. It gets flattened out.

Why is she wearing yellow nail polish??

Edited by Becky - May 25 2008 at 2:42am
Sponsored Links

AfroGerman_Girl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 3:04am
Originally posted by Breh Breh wrote:

Wearing lfs will only cause you to loose your edges if you are negligent with removing your unit. I wear my unit in front of my natural hairline and and am very careful when removing my unit.  I make sure that I don't get adhesive in my natural hair. I have all of my edges and they are healthy and thick. I believe Beyonce's edges are like that from the hair color and relaxers, not the lfs.

I agree! I shave my hairline back, but I have no problems because I too make sure I apply my unit well in front of my hairline. That way, when removing it, I won't pull any of my own hair out!
I also think that Beyonce's thin edges (and they do look bad!) are due to relaxing/flatironing plus colouring her hair. Of course, under the bright lights it becomes more obvious. Towards the back of her head her hair becomes thicker again - I think that's where they put the weave or fusion in.
kau84 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 3:43am
they are so happy together,good for themClap.

she looks pretty and natural on here to me.i would be dead if i had to go through the scrutiny this lady goes thru,i know loads of women of colour who have damaged hairlines like her including myself.

Bey is always beautiful no matter what  and she rocksThumbs%20Up
Yogi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 3:51am
Originally posted by kau84 kau84 wrote:

they are so happy together,good for themClap.

she looks pretty and natural on here to me.i would be dead if i had to go through the scrutiny this lady goes thru,i know loads of women of colour who have damaged hairlines like her including myself.

Bey is always beautiful no matter what  and she rocksThumbs%20Up

I agree. I can't understand the excitement over her ''missing'' edges.Confused
dividir View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

I think the edges look 'normal' for a Black girl with permed hair too.

I think the rest of her head has a weave to give it more bulk and length .. but the edges are hers.

I do think the lighting is making the color look odd and maybe a little thinner - but all in all unless a person has THICK hair naturally - and the fact that she has a weave in the rest of her head - tells me her hair is not THICK.

This is the way most Black girls who perm their hair looks around the edges when they pull it back like that. It gets flattened out.

Why is she wearing yellow nail polish??

That is exactly what I was thinking.
Her edges are bad, I've seen black girls with good edges. I dont know how she got those, but she needs to return them
meangirl76 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 6:58am
I didn't notice the edges, as much as how happy they lookClap

She is prob. giving her hair a break from rushed applications, having to switch up lfs so often etc. I let my adhesives in the front lift naturally; that is when I know its time to touch up or switch to another lf. I'm sure she doesn't have that luxury. She has to look fresh ALL THE TIME. I'm glad our haters don't have cameras and blogs....I'm sure I would get a "HAM" every once in a whileErmm

BTW, I think she looks great, yellow polish and all!
Lacygirl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 7:08am
Her edges are very thin and damaged, and yes it is from years of braiding;perming and weaving. I know this because I had the same problem and finall decided to shave my head because it was beyond thinning. I think were just curious because these "celebrities" are in the news, magazines, TV all the time. It's only natural to to scurtinize someone eles hair.     
hairbear View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 7:23am
When she was on stage with that 4 foot wig and swinging it around, my first thought was "what type of industrial strength glue did they use on that poor girls head?"  No wonder the edges are ate up.

Me liki the yellow polish.  I am wearing all black (no designs) for the first time and I love it.  Yellow is now on my list.
shesanangel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 7:53am
Girl when i saw this picture last night i was like what?? She has lost her edges. I kept staring thinking it was the light.. now I am very curious as to all these "Beyonce with no weave" pictures that were floating around. I think the glue has ripped out all her hair to be completely honest with you.
shesanangel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 7:57am
Originally posted by hairbear hairbear wrote:

When she was on stage with that 4 foot wig and swinging it around, my first thought was "what type of industrial strength glue did they use on that poor girls head?" No wonder the edges are ate up.

Me liki the yellow polish. I am wearing all black (no designs) for the first time and I love it. Yellow is now on my list.

lmao @ "industrial strength glue" but you ARE right... when she almost does the head move from Dutty Wine I am like wow.. now we see the toll it takes on her head. I sort of feel bad for her... The price for "beautiful" hair
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
  Share Topic