Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

BEWARE OF EBAY VENDOR!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BEWARE OF EBAY VENDOR!
    Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 12:12pm
First let me point out that I have been on BHM for YEARS! I have NEVER, ever posted a bad review thread or negative rant thread on any of the awful wigs or extensions I have purchased and I swear there have been many!

I guess there comes a breaking point for anyone/everyone and I have reached mine!

Ya'll may or may not know that I was with the FIRST WAVE of flw wearers on BHM, in fact, SexiB and I joined at around the same time, and I was a lurker for a long time before I joined, and I came armed with experience. I watched as lws went from Hollywood's best kept secret to mainstream, buy at KMart and the dollar store products. So I have seen the quality of lws drop from "died and gone to heaven" to "why is this dead squirrel fur on my head" but today, I am here to tell you, I have had ENOUGH, and I am going to fight back!

Here's what happened:

I purchased a flw from the ebay vendor thehairlady007, aka savygirl5000, back in October. Her feedback was good, only 1 negative feedback with lots of transactions, and I saw that another bhm'er whom I really like, had purchased from her, and left positive feedback. I took the plunge and purchased what was listed as a VIRGIN curly flw. Got it, threw it in the drawer, and about a week later ordered ANOTHER of the same product, a VIRGIN flw. MISTAKE NUMBER ONE!

But let me explain why I did it this way. I like to have 2 of the same product on hand so that I can lift color, and cut the hair at the same time. Lots of us vets do it this way. Then you rotate your flw, and it lasts longer.

So, on my day off, I pull out the wigs, rinse the hair on one, the curl pattern was nice, so I mix up my kaleidocolors hi lift lightener and start working on the parting area and tips of the hair. I have done this a MILLION times so I have this down pat. MISTAKE NUMBER TWO! ALWAYS snip a piece of hair and pre test, no matter how the hair looks or feels!

The color doesn't budge after 50 minutes, sitting in a shower cap. But I rinse, condition, and recheck, figure the knots aren't THAT bad, so I cut the lace and leave it overnight to dry, so I can install and wear the next morning. It dried with a nice curl pattern, the ends are a tad lighter, so I install and leave to go to a cpr class I have to teach at work, at 8 am. BY 12 NOON, THIS THING LOOKED LIKE A ROUS ATTACKING MY HEAD!!! I am not kidding when I say I could literally feel the hair CRAWLING on my head!!

So we break for lunch, I go to my car, flip down the rear view mirror, and to my HORROR discover what looks like Bob Marley and Buckwheat's mutant love child on my muthafukinhead!!! I went straight home, sprayed lace release on it and wrestled it off my scalp. At the end of the day I came home took pics, and contacted the seller, said "I don't know wtf this is BUT IT IS NOT VIRGIN HAIR, I DON'T EVEN THINK ITS REMY HAIR, AND I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IT IS DEAD ROADKILL HAIR!!!" Sent pics, and she agreed how bad it looks, apologized, and offered me a 65 dollar rebate. I did not think 65 dollars was fair on a 250 dollar item! But more importantly, how is she selling this straw bale crap and calling it hair???!!!

Many emails are exchanged; she states you shouldn't have altered, washed or otherwise touched the hair and sent it back. IMO, she should have checked her product before shipping it out. Either way, I lost the ebay case, and will not get a refund for the piece of sh!t, but the 2nd one is going back. That's ok . . . I don't spend rent or bill money on hair, but----ya'll need to know about my FUBAR experience with this seller and BEWARE! She doesn't give a shyt if she is selling shaved butthole hair or monkeyball hair or wtf ever this is. And miss Shady(savy)girl5000, if you are a member here, you should be ashamed of yourself!

There will also be a YouTube review of this hair, and pics will follow, along with lanks! Tis all!
Sponsored Links

cocopuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocopuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 12:59pm
Damn! Is there any way to try again with your credit card?
So sorry this happened!!!
lala0726 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lala0726 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 1:00pm
Oh no..sorry to hear that...I came very close to ordering from her I wonder if any of the sellers claiming "virgin hair" on eBay are worth buying from. I get skeptical of the feedback scores
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 2:08pm
Coco, I payed with paypal. I will continue to check my options.

Lala, I have purchased "virgin" hair on ebay before, some of it was, but most was not, it was clearly chemically curled, which I can accept at 50-100 bucks. But when it is neither virgin (no color added) nor Remy (cuticles aligned) we have a mutha effin' issue, at 250 dollars.

But I have been trying to remember my fotki password, can pretty please someone post the pics here if I email them to ya? PM me?
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 5:44pm
I work a 14 hour shift today PeacefulOne . You know as a fellow Nurse how tired I am . Give me a day to check my old messages . The thief sold me some Rat Nest Indian wefts . I called her dang house several times . The husband / boyfriend is part of the scam . I pray God will allow me to find her BHM username . We are going to have another Weavegate call out from hell . I also allowed a few members to scam me with crap hair and never said a word . I am tired . Watch out !! Ms India got your back if I can find her private messages from my purchase .  Ouch  Heart

Edited by india100 - Nov 19 2014 at 6:23pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 6:39pm
the Proof:

http://public.fotki.com/PeacefulOne/

MsIndia, girl I am heartbroken that it happened to YOU, one of the nicest people on bhm! That alone makes me fighting mad!

It is definitely time to start calling these people out, it is the only way we can cut the bs, and hit them where it hurts!

I think members who do this crap should be BANNED, and ebay should shut down their stores. I know it doesn't seem like there is anything that can be done, but if enough people start posting, maybe we can come up with something. One thing I would like to see done is the market section on bhm should be made for Elite/platinum members only, because it is too easy for people to sign up and offer crap for sale here, and once caught, they start over with a new user name. It is fraud, plain and simple.

Edited by PeacefulOne - Nov 19 2014 at 6:47pm
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 6:54pm
sorry OP that you had to experience that. Please post your bad experience on EBAY in the feedback section. Your description of the hair experience was hilarious. I'm tired of people wasting money on effed up hair.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 6:57pm
OMG OP that hair had that coating crap on it that once you wash the hair it slickness of the hair disappears. No maam that wasn't virgin hair at all.
cocopuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cocopuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 9:59pm
Peacefulone-
I definitely remember you as one of the vets! And, again I am so sorry about this. I meant that if you paid with paypal did you use a credit card for the funds. If you did, you definitely have recourse through them. Even if you paid with your bank account, you can still file the complaint through your bank. Just like if there was a fraudulent charge on your debit card (think about what happened recently with the whole Target/TJmaxx security breach). That involved both credit cards and folks using their debit cards which are of course tied directly to their checking accounts and criminals making fraudulent charges after accessing peoples' private account numbers. To me, this constitutes a fraudulent charge in that you were defrauded out of what you intended to, and were led to purchase based on what she was advertising. Make some screen shots of the auction as a start and print out the hard copies. Keep the pics of what you received and also use references in this forum about commonly accepted ways that natural hair behaves if it is not processed and how it behaves if it is processed and cuticles out of alignment. There is a way to demonstrate your issue to a third arbiter (your bank) so that you can win this after all. Also, check to see time frames of filing disputes for bank transactions if that is what you wound up using. I believe credit cards are 180days, but I am not sure what the time frame is for bank transactions. But rest assured, they do have a dispute process and avenue for you. It's not quite "over" yet just because ebay made their ruling on the case. I will be checking this thread in support of you and trying to lend a hand.

India, I am sending positive vibes your way for finding the info you need. Enough of this nonsense! It is getting ready to be holiday season real fast, and unfortunately it has become a time of having to be extra vigilant since some folks don't care who they have to screw over for the latest Ipad in that Christmas stocking.
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2014 at 5:59am
Oh NO!!!!  God grief; I am so sorry this happened to you!  And I also came very close to purchasing
one of her 'virgin' units, myself. 
EBay sell
I think coco has a point; if it was your credit card through Paypal that was used, you might get somewhere with the bank that issued the card, and it cannot hurt to try!

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic