BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Betty and Coretta

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:28pm
I do think they were close. Kids have said it numerous times.
Something thats also important to note is the narrator of the film is ruby dee who was close with both families. Her husband was the only person who spoke at both martin and malcoms funerals.

tons of pics with both women in it together hugging and kissing.
Sponsored Links

pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

Mary J surprised the hell out of me. She did better than okay. Very impressive. 

I actually had no idea that Betty and Coretta had a close friendship so this was news to me.

i wonder how accurate that was. then they had medgar ever's wife in there too (or something like that)
I personally think it's exaggerated. Much like the exaggeration that Martin and Malcolm were enemies. Those were smaller circles back then.

yep, i can think of at least one youtube video where malcolm is speaking positively about martin
but there are sides to Malcolm and Martin that people rarely see because history has chosen to portray them as they see fit
Think of it this way....the government/major corporations had a vested interest in destroying both movements. It's easy to portray the both of them as polar opposites when it was clear they both had one common goal.

To explain in a way today's person can understand, Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Anniston probably don't think about each other as much as the media seems to think they do. But it's great to sell magazines and drive gossip tv shows.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:33pm
thanks, nyc. didn't know this.Heart

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:34pm
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:35pm
Pinned Image
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:36pm
it makes sense that they would be friends...how many other women could TRULY understand their lives?
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:37pm
.when betty worked in brooklyn and had her grandson
Malcolm and i were in the same class in jhs
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

Something thats also important to note is the narrator of the film is ruby dee who was close with both families. Her husband was the only person who spoke at both martin and malcoms funerals.

i don't doubt they were friends, but enough to make a movie out of? i'm skeptical 
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 3:15pm

i don't doubt they were friends, but enough to make a movie out of? i'm skeptical 
I'm with you. Of course they communicated. I don't think they brought each other cookies. Or maybe my definition of friendship is different than most.

UrbanElegance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanElegance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 3:40pm

.when betty worked in brooklyn and had her grandson
Malcolm and i were in the same class in jhs

Really? What was your opinion of him?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions